Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Camden_yardbird

1 hour ago, AceKing said:

I hope that Chris Davis has an amazing season. I think there will be an opportunity for him to work with the new guys with the new data, and a clean slate.

I am bullish on him in fantasy leagues, etc.

But I can't get those memories out of my head, regardless.

o

o

3 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

I want 2 WAR from him this year. An every day player who is at all passable can get there, or close. That's what I want. I hope it's not the pipe dream most probably think it is.

That would be a roughly 5 WAR increase from last year.  His biggest leap in WAR from year to year was 2012-2013 where he went from 1.7 to 6.5.  And then back down to 1.7 the following year.

So....he's done it once before.  But that was six years ago.

A wise man once said, "You can't always get what you want.  But if you try sometimes, you might find, you get what you need."

And what we need is Davis off the team.

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

That would be a roughly 5 WAR increase from last year.  His biggest leap in WAR from year to year was 2012-2013 where he went from 1.7 to 6.5.  And then back down to 1.7 the following year.

So....he's done it once before.  But that was six years ago.

A wise man once said, "You can't always get what you want.  But if you try sometimes, you might find, you get what you need."

And what we need is Davis off the team.

Dr. Gregory House.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Anonsnides said:

He was sick with the flu and bronchitis, but has been in Sarasota since Saturday. -------- per Roch.

So much for him not caring. 

23 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Davis had the flu. Found out this morning he has bronchitis.  -------- per Roch.

Off to a great start ........

o

2 vastly different perspectives about the same exact issue ........

How often do you have sex ???

Woody Allen: lllll "Hardly ever ........ 3 times a week."

Diane Keaton: lll "Constantly ........ 3 times a week."

o

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Nah, he didn't disappear, he just slowly slipped away into oblivion over the course of a few years.

But good for him for thinking otherwise.  

Ooops, hope springs eternal, doom and gloom, sorry, sorry.  

The strong odds are he'll be terrible and gone. However, he had a five year stretch putting up 1.7, 6.5, 1.7, 5.3 and 3.3 WAR. He wasn't always a complete and total stiff. I'm not predicting a turn around, but I'll be rooting like hell for the 5% chance that Crush can bring some joy to OPACY this year.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2019/02/davis-on-his-health-workouts-and-hushing-the-skeptics.html

"A lot of the analytics, a lot of the sabermetrics, all the numbers that I was so reluctant to read into or even give any credit to over the years, have really proven to show me a lot of - I don’t know if you want to say holes - a lot of things in my swing that ... they just weren’t productive over the years,” Davis said.

“I think I got to the point last year where it was obvious that I needed to make a change and trying to do something like that midseason is so hard, but it was something that I really wanted to take full advantage of this offseason. I felt like I have. I didn’t go crazy. I’m not going to be wearing contraptions in the cage, be miked up or anything like that.

To me, Davis has said all the right things, and it appears he made serious efforts this winter to right the ship.    I’m not going to sit here and trash Chris Davis the person or question his “want to.”

That said, he’ll either perform better or he won’t, and that’s all that matters.   I’m rooting for him to bounce back, but not really counting on it.  

• Upvote 3