Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Camden_yardbird

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, joelala said:

That opposite field homer earlier today was pretty vintage, actually.  It legitimately looks like he's changed something.  Small sample size and I'm not saying he'll ever be 'Crush' again, but there has been some defininite improvement.  I'm really happy, mostly for him.  It's gotta feel great.  Hopefully it's the start of something.

The dugout looked super energized after the 3-run bomb in the second game. Cashner did a super awkward chest bump and everything. Unfortunately it did not translate to a win as the bullpen blew it again. If he can OPS .750 down the stretch it would be something to build on. 

14 hours ago, atomic said:

Sad for this to end.   Gave us something to root for.   Now all we have is to do is watch the losses add up.  

Its not that impressive of a streak when you consider Davis strikes out roughly 40-45 percent of the time. 

CD 2.0 Friday

0 for 4, 1 strikeout

Davis has now struck out in 1 consecutive game, 36 short of Aaron Judge's MLB record

CD 2.0 so far

5 for 30 (.167)

3 walks (1 intentional), 12 strikeouts, 1 sac fly, 1 HBP, 3 HRs, 1 double

Onbase %:  .228

Slugging %:  .500

OPS:  .728

CD 1.0's numbers before his break:  .150/.227/.227/.454

CD 2.0's numbers since his break:  .167/.228/.500/.728

10 minutes ago, SteveA said:

CD 2.0 Friday

0 for 4, 1 strikeout

Davis has now struck out in 1 consecutive game, 36 short of Aaron Judge's MLB record

CD 2.0 so far

5 for 30 (.167)

3 walks (1 intentional), 12 strikeouts, 1 sac fly, 1 HBP, 3 HRs, 1 double

Onbase %:  .228

Slugging %:  .500

OPS:  .728

CD 1.0's numbers before his break:  .150/.227/.227/.454

CD 2.0's numbers since his break:  .167/.228/.500/.728

Strong contact when Davis connects now is an improvement.  I'm know statistician, but I'm going to proclaim 80% of your hits being for extra bases isn't sustainable.  

o

(JULY 1st)

For the 2nd time in 4 games, Davis did not strike out ........ and it easily could have been the 3rd time in the last 5 games if the bullpen had not blown a 2-run lead in the 9th inning of Wednesday's game against the Mariners (a lead in which Davis had just given the Orioles with a 3-run home run in the bottom of the 8th inning.)

o

55 minutes ago, atomic said:

I never thought just because a guy didn't strike out in 2 of his last 4 games that someone would think it was a positive.  I guess with Chris Davis the bar is so low.  

Whatever, you're always on my case for being negative.  Lighten up, buttercup.

Archived