Elias J2 International Orioles

interloper

13 minutes ago, hoosiers said:

ME is certainly creating some expectations for J2.  

I wouldn't print up t-shirts if we are going to set a club record in spending based on our recent history with international spend.  I would print up t-shirts if we were going to blow through the club record and set some signing records - like first $1.0M signing bonus, or multiple signing bonuses over $500k or a lot over $250k.  

We will see.

4 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

And I wouldn't tweet out a picture either if I didn't have something relatively big planned.

Right you don't hype it up and the big payoff is you have the 28th class.

Maybe the bigger question is what would happen to Corn if we spent a substantial portion of our allotment:

- speechless for a week

- cut down on posts by a full third since wouldn't be able to complain about spending again

- disappear from the board

- say positive things about both our ownership and front office

Oh, the possibilities!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, hoosiers said:

Maybe the bigger question is what would happen to Corn if we spent a substantial portion of our allotment:

- speechless for a week

- cut down on posts by a full third since wouldn't be able to complain about spending again

Oh, the possibilities!

Nah, we will still have Davis to keep kicking.

Not to mention our resident trolls that like complain about how the team is being run.

Corn will take it in stride and say it about damn time. :)

47 minutes ago, canonfaz said:

Looks like the dudes on that list already have teams they're expected to sign with listed in their summaries. None of them are the O's so it seems like we'd have to pull a surprise. 

1 hour ago, Redskins Rick said:

Nah, we will still have Davis to keep kicking.

Not to mention our resident trolls that like complain about how the team is being run.

Corn will take it in stride and say it about damn time. :)

I'll be glad to be wrong about the boys.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, hoosiers said:

- speechless for a week

Oh, the possibilities!

All those things are possibilities but he CAN'T refrain from posting music every day! Thank God for that! ?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

I am not changing my expectations about July 2 based on a T-shirt.   I expect progress, not miracles.   

You had pretty low expectations right?  Doesn't it seem odd to hype up a below average class in this fashion?  I figure he would be managing expectations in the opposite direction.

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

You had pretty low expectations right?  Doesn't it seem odd to hype up a below average class in this fashion?  I figure he would be managing expectations in the opposite direction.

I think the shirts are more a morale-builder for the signees, and a walking billboard when they wear them signaling that the O’s are in the game. 

Are my expectations “low?”   I don’t know.   I don’t know exactly how one measures success here.   If we saw some kid nobody else liked and signed him for $1 mm, would the fact that we spent $1 mm on a player be a success?

• Upvote 1