Recent roster move/IL rundown (try to keep up)

interloper

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

Hopefully in 3 or 4 years we're at a point where we can bump this thread and laugh at ourselves for arguing the merits of Yefry Ramirez vs. Dan Straily and who should have stayed on a 45 win team.

I fondly remember the Jon Knott, JR House days.  

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, wildcard said:

My guess is that Scott and Kline will be recalled.

I don’t see any reason to bring Scott back up. He is nothing but a guy who throws hard and wild. Jason Garcia  with just enough additional upside to make his performance more frustrating. Once in a while he is splendid but more often, he makes you want to bang your head on the wall.

3 hours ago, eddie83 said:

If Elias thought Yefry could pitch he would still be here. 

That implies that he thinks that any of these fools can pitch. I don’t think Ramirez was the worst of our available pitchers, and I’m not sure Straily was, either.

But it’s quite a competition…

Just now, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Fry has struggled a bit recently, plus the addittion of Bleier from injury and Gilmartin made carrying 3 lefties seem like one was going to be the odd man out.

Hopefully he can work on his control in Norfolk and get back up quickly, along with get a chance to face more than 1 batter.

Looks like Gilmartin will be the first pitcher for the Orioles tonight.Not sure why he has not pitched since June 14th but maybe Hyde was saving him for tonight.

As long as were talking about pictures, I have a question about the returns from last season’s trades.

One would think that because they were such high profile returns in such significant trades, they would be Given a whole lot of opportunity to justify their acquisition. But most of them have been beyond horrible, and Carroll( who was awful last year) Pop and Kremer(?)are injured.

my question is whether the new regime is more likely to cut ties with them sooner, or, to put it better, are likely to not give them a longer leash, because they have no personal stake in their success?

33 minutes ago, Philip said:

As long as were talking about pictures, I have a question about the returns from last season’s trades.

One would think that because they were such high profile returns in such significant trades, they would be Given a whole lot of opportunity to justify their acquisition. But most of them have been beyond horrible, and Carroll( who was awful last year) Pop and Kremer(?)are injured.

my question is whether the new regime is more likely to cut ties with them sooner, or, to put it better, are likely to not give them a longer leash, because they have no personal stake in their success?

Kremer's line in Bowie on 7/11 was: 7 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 8 K’s. He pitched again on the 16th and gave up 4 runs in 6 innings, but he also had 9 K's and 0 BBs. Going again tomorrow, I believe. 

52 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

Kremer's line in Bowie on 7/11 was: 7 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 8 K’s. He pitched again on the 16th and gave up 4 runs in 6 innings, but he also had 9 K's and 0 BBs. Going again tomorrow, I believe. 

Good, so he’s not injured. I think he’s the best of our hopefuls, and I thought he had something seriously wrong.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Philip said:

Good, so he’s not injured. I think he’s the best of our hopefuls, and I thought he had something seriously wrong.

Kremer, Diaz and Pop probably have the most potential from the trades.

Bannon still has a shot too. He didn't have a good May but has an .873 OPS in June so far (.772 for the full season). Interesting split is he's hitting much worse in Bowie than away. Probably a SSS issue (just a guess).

Bruce Zimmermann has a 2.49 ERA and is striking out 9.2/9 innings in AA. 

The Schoop trade got us Villar and a kid named Jean Carmona. Who knows what he can become, but he's a young SS with decent tools, so there's a chance. 

So there's still potential for those trades to really help us over time. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

Kremer, Diaz and Pop probably have the most potential from the trades.

Bannon still has a shot too. He didn't have a good May but has an .873 OPS in June so far (.772 for the full season). Interesting split is he's hitting much worse in Bowie than away. Probably a SSS issue (just a guess).

Bruce Zimmermann has a 2.49 ERA and is striking out 9.2/9 innings in AA. 

The Schoop trade got us Villar and a kid named Jean Carmona. Who knows what he can become, but he's a young SS with decent tools, so there's a chance. 

So there's still potential for those trades to really help us over time. 

You’re not wrong, but there’s plenty of reason for skepticism.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Philip said:

I don’t see any reason to bring Scott back up. He is nothing but a guy who throws hard and wild. Jason Garcia  with just enough additional upside to make his performance more frustrating. Once in a while he is splendid but more often, he makes you want to bang your head on the wall.

Wildcard was on target.

2 hours ago, Philip said:

Scott's been really good at Norfolk since May 15.

3-0,  1.97 ERA   11 G,  18.1 IP, 13 H,  4 ER, 5 BB,  22 SO,  0.984 WHIP

2 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Scott's been really good at Norfolk since May 15.

3-0,  1.97 ERA   11 G,  18.1 IP, 13 H,  4 ER, 5 BB,  22 SO,  0.984 WHIP

Let’s hope he stays awhile. His upside is much higher than the rest of the arms they have been cycling through.