2019-2020 International Signings Thread

On 7/10/2019 at 2:14 PM, SteveA said:

Really?   I get TBS on my cable and there hasn't been a Braves game on it for years.

I dunno, I was making a joke.  I havent even watched TBS in at least a decade.  I just know they played on that channel in the 90's in Hanover, PA.  Probably the only reason any of the kids were Braves fans over Os fans.  Believe you could get their games on bunny ears.

• 1 month later...
On 7/2/2019 at 5:32 PM, Br10n said:

How do the Yankees do this with only $5.3 slotted?

• Jasson Dominguez, OF, Yankees: Everyone’s top target is reportedly holding strong on his commitment to go to the Bronx. The deal is said to be for $5.1MM, per Jeff Passan of ESPN.com, with an announcement expected this evening. Dominguez is a switch-hitter who’s said to possess five-tool ability. The Fangraphs team is sufficiently impressed to run him all the way up to the #61 overall MLB prospect ranking right out of the gates (via Kiley McDaniel, on Twitter). The Yanks also have struck a $1.2MM deal with outfielder Jhon Diaz, Sanchez tweets. He was the 18th-rated player on the MLB.com board but ran all the way up to #7 at Fangraphs.

The answer is, they hoped to trade for enough international slots to do this, but they were unable to do it, so Tampa swooped in and signed Diaz.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.draysbay.com/platform/amp/2019/8/29/20838847/tampa-bay-rays-jhon-diaz

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

The answer is, they hoped to trade for enough international slots to do this, but they were unable to do it, so Tampa swooped in and signed Diaz.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.draysbay.com/platform/amp/2019/8/29/20838847/tampa-bay-rays-jhon-diaz

But, but, but, these kids don't care about money they care about the long term relationship they have formed with the teams.

5 hours ago, Frobby said:

Such a poorly written article.  The NYY did not "overstep their means" when signing Dominquez, they simply did not acquire the slots in trade to also sign Diaz.  

Nice sign for the Rays though it is a bit strange that they spent so little of their slots on J2.

2 minutes ago, hoosiers said:

Such a poorly written article.  The NYY did not "overstep their means" when signing Dominquez, they simply did not acquire the slots in trade to also sign Diaz.  

Nice sign for the Rays though it is a bit strange that they spent so little of their slots on J2.

Maybe they knew something.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I was wondering this too, rep to whoever knows. How much allotment do we have left?  Are there any top players still out there?  Are we rumored to be connected to any of them?  

We have a good chunk of our allotment left.   Don’t know how much.  

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Seems like we’re limited to the possibility of a Cuban defector or using the bonus slots as a trade chip. 

There are a number of 6 figure Asian prospects, including a pitcher from Taiwan who'll likely command 1M+. Also there are late blooming types, the Astros under Lunhow/Elias commonly gave out solid bonuses to older pitchers, even 150K to the 22 year old Jojanse Torres in the 2018-2019 period. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1