2019-2020 International Signings Thread

47 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Funny how opinions can change over time when additional data is introduced.  In the time between my initial comments and the signing period Elias made a number of statements on social media hyping J2.  Showing off the shirts, making statements about not trading away any slots, stuff like that.  I quite openly revised my expectations due to those comments.  Isn't that what we are supposed to do?

But you go ahead and keep worrying about me.

Flip-flopper.   I'm not voting for you, you can never stick to a position.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Flip-flopper.   I'm not voting for you, you can never stick to a position.

It is the new “thing to do”.  They all flip flop.  Now that everything is on video, it is so prevalent that it is heartbreaking.

if you aligned yourself with someone years ago, and they are still in office.....chances are they have changed their position whether you have or not.

CoC seems to rise above that (admittedly low) bar.

/end rant

2 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Haha.  Did you admit you were wrong at some point?  I'm sorry if I missed it.  For someone who was spewing the same rhetoric for months and months, you must have posted "I was wrong" somewhere.  Really, you should have started an "I was wrong thread".  It really deserves it.

Here's the old one...  though maybe it IS time for a new one. :)

Mike: What do you make of the Orioles’ J2 signings? Was the motivation in signing ~30 guys to improve their relationships with other international talent because they didn’t have an int’l presence prior to Elias? Did they get some quality guys despite none of them being on THE BOARD?

Kiley McDaniel: They also got started late enough that the top players weren’t available and also the BAL DSL club had been stocked for years with lower-tier prospects and a couple 200k types, so the talent base was very low. other than yolbert/cubans, this was their only option

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/kiley-mcdaniel-chat-7-3-19/

On 7/3/2019 at 2:10 AM, sevastras said:

Braves are broadcast on tbs, blue jays are the number 1 team in all of Canada and the Rays play in Florida which has a strong Latin community. Enough of your logic, ?

Really?   I get TBS on my cable and there hasn't been a Braves game on it for years.