Dan Strailey traded

Legend_Of_Joey

32 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

The Phillies and Orioles really enjoy trading with each other.

The Phillies picked up Drew Smyly, who was having JUST as bad a year as Straily.

And in two starts he's been great for them.

Maybe they are hoping to do the same with Straily.

Maybe they have a thing for guys with the initials "D. S".

37 minutes ago, SteveA said:

The Phillies picked up Drew Smyly, who was having JUST as bad a year as Straily.

And in two starts he's been great for them.

Maybe they are hoping to do the same with Straily.

Maybe they have a thing for guys with the initials "D. S".

Is there proof that they're not the same person?  Won't it be convenient if Smyly goes on the injured list?.  

Just now, Ruzious said:

Is there proof that they're not the same person?  Won't it be convenient if Smyly goes on the injured list?.  

When Dan Straily turns in contract paperwork he smears his hand over his signature so it looks like Drew Smyly. Genius, really.

On 7/31/2019 at 5:12 PM, Frobby said:

Prediction: Straily will get called up at some point and pitch well for the Phillies.    

He’s been pitching very well at Norfolk and in my opinion he’s managed to fix whatever was broken while he was up here.   I was kind of hoping we’d call him up, but it hardly matters.   

First start for Lehigh Valley: 5 IP, 6 ER, 2 homers allowed.    ?

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Frobby said:

First start for Lehigh Valley: 5 IP, 6 ER, 2 homers allowed.    ?

Cashner gets traded and proceeds to pitch poorly with the Red Sox. Straily (a bit player) and he gets torched in his first AAA start. If this keeps up no one will want to trade with Elias. ?

And then there is Gausman imploding this year with the Braves. 

40 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Cashner gets traded and proceeds to pitch poorly with the Red Sox. Straily (a bit player) and he gets torched in his first AAA start. If this keeps up no one will want to trade with Elias. ?

And then there is Gausman imploding this year with the Braves. 

You can’t say this on this board, apparently...

17 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

You can say it, I just need someone to explain why it makes any sense.

Because baseball GM’s are smart humans, and it is pretty easy to look back over the past few years of trades with a particular franchise, and to see whether dealing with that franchise bore fruit, or did not work out.

The track record recently is that the players that are traded from the Baltimore Orioles have not been extremely beneficial to the reciprocating team.

If I were an opposing GM, I would not want to deal with the Orioles at this time, for the myriad of reasons that we discuss each and every day around here.

*Not that good

*Clubhouse cancers

*players that are so bad that they end up being cut

*no championship pedigree

*undeveloped players who are out of options

etc.

I would just pass.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, AceKing said:

Because baseball GM’s are smart humans, and it is pretty easy to look back over the past few years of trades with a particular franchise, and to see whether dealing with that franchise bore fruit, or did not work out.

The track record recently is that the players that are traded from the Baltimore Orioles have not been extremely beneficial to the reciprocating team.

If I were an opposing GM, I would not want to deal with the Orioles at this time, for the myriad of reasons that we discuss each and every day around here.

*Not that good

*Clubhouse cancers

etc.

I would just pass.

So you're saying the outcome of the 2018 Gausman (or for that matter the Schoop or Machado) deal has a direct correlaton with the outcome of a potential future Villar or Givens trade?  Please explain further.

10 minutes ago, AceKing said:

*Not that good

*Clubhouse cancers

etc.

I would just pass.

That is NOT on the Orioles. That is on the other GM and his evaluation. GMs aren't like us on a messageboard. People on here say things like "I don't want him, he's a Yank." GMs have ZERO thoughts like that. They see players and numbers that might help their team. No enemies, just business.

12 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Championship pedigree.

So someone like Vlad Jr wouldn't have a champions pedigree since his dad doesn't have a ring? 

Hmm Tatis' dad doesn't have a ring either, same with Bo Bichette's dad.

Hard trying to find someone with a pedigree.  What if the mom won a championship?

Ok so no Orioles have it as an added bonus

11 minutes ago, 24fps said:

So you're saying the outcome of the 2018 Gausman (or for that matter the Schoop or Machado) deal has a direct correlaton with the outcome of a potential future Villar or Givens trade?  Please explain further.

I am saying it may have a direct impact on the lack of trades of these and other players