House is playing right now on ESPN2

33rdst

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw every minute and just looked on in awe! This thread IS NOT a joke. The 1st pitch maybe a wild pitch it was a hard slider in the dirt but the others no way! A blind scorer would call them past balls and he was lucky to get the guy at home plate. Now they did say the shadows were real bad and also had some problems with throws to 1st but not a good showing for those who actually got to see him for te 1st time!

Nah, I didn't see it...but reading on here, I can only imagine.

He better be Johnny Bench with the bat ;)

If you call a K and a tapper back to the mound Johnny Bench like then yea I think we are onto something here! :D

No way should he be allowed to catch in the big leagues. For a catcher, defense and game calling are just as important, if not more important, than hitting.

House threw the ball backwards twice. Let the ball go by him multiple times. You dont have to be anything more than a casual fan to know he is not a catcher in the bigs. Would I let him DH? Sure.

Good luck explaining to Bedard, Guthrie, and the rest of the guys they have to pitch to House. They want to pitch the best they can, that is going to happen with Ramon or Bako. Bako stinks but he can call a game, he's been around forever.

It is not like it is Mike Piazza and you can explain to your pitchers you need his HOF bat in spite of his terrible defense. You would be explaining to them they need to throw to a guy they never heard before hitting well at AAA.:rolleyes:

For a catcher, defense and game calling are just as important, if not more important, than hitting.

...you can explain to your pitchers you need his ... bat in spite of his terrible defense. You would be explaining to them they need to throw to a guy they never heard before hitting well at AAA.:rolleyes:

You may have a case here but you've certainly overstated it.

Compare the effects of a couple of passed balls to the effects of actually getting some hits and driving in runners, and then tell me defense is more important than hitting.

What do you know about House's game-calling? Didn't he catch Olson's one-hitter?

I think any of our pitchers with half the wins they deserve because of the Os' nonexistent offense would welcome throwing to a guy who might actually help get them some run support.

How do you throw the ball backwards? Am I missing something, cause to me it seems like that would be really hard to do. Did he just forget to release it and came across his body and then let it go, or did he play a trick on the pitcher like I do with my son, and let the ball fall out of my hand when I am about to throw it?

My favorite part is that I posted this...

OH MY GOD he just received a pitch as a runner was stealing and he THREW THE BALL BACKWARDS TOWARDS THE PRESS BOX!!!!11

NEVER LET THIS MAN NEAR CATCHING EQUIPMENT AGAIN

...without realizing that he did, in fact, throw the ball backwards. I mean, really, folks. You can't make this stuff up!

Well, you could, but it's funnier when you don't!

Drungo already said it, but this is House's "tripped rounding third" moment.

Of course, if he can't catch (as in the ball itself, not the position), he has no business being in the field anywhere, including first base. The descriptions of his defense come off as positively LeCroyian.

Something tells me that we are leading up to a Gibbons trade if he was REALLY promised something to take back his release demand, because he will only be a DH.

Archived