Chris Tillman Showcase

Il BuonO

14 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Recovering from shoulder surgery to clean up the labrum this past June. Who knew? Looking to make a comeback. Still only 32, he’s looking to throw for clubs in ST.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/12/chris-tillman-free-agent-shoulder-surgery-showcase.html

Are you suggesting the O's should sign him?

14 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

If he threw well enough to impress our new talent evaluators and Elias could get him on a milb, why not

Exactly. If he’s healthy and throwing well I don’t see any difference between him and any other value play. Well, other than the fact he once pitched for Orioles. Could be a negative.

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

I don’t know that it makes sense for us to sign a 32-year old pitcher, no matter how cheap.    But if Tillman proved he was healthy and throwing well, it would be tempting.   I always liked his persona and toughness.    

He probably would not come here anyway. Pitchers making a comeback would not want to pitch at Camden Yards.The Orioles wanted to sign two pitchers to MILB contracts and were turned down that we know of ,Including Fernando Abad.