COBB SOLID AGAIN AS ORIOLES BEAT CARDINALS 3-1 (SIM)

Tony-OH

11 hours ago, ChosenOne21 said:

Aside from Fry, Scott, Velazquez and Means's first start, the pitching has been pretty good. The offense has sadly been a zero

Yeah, the pitching has been surprisingly good so far though I doubt it lasts. The hitting has been putrid. It will get better but I don't think it's going to be a strength this year.

Bats take a while to warm up.  Especially not that they start the season in March.   I guess taking away Mancini and Villar away from last years line-up hurts.  They provided 7.4 of the positional players 8.9 WAR last season.  

16 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

https://www.orioleshangout.com/2020/04/02/cobb-solid-again-as-orioles-beat-cardinals-3-1-sim/

Sim News: Orioles claimed right-hander reliever Wilmer Font before the game.

Tony, question:  Do you set the lineups and make the roster moves, or does the simulation do that on its own?  Sorry if you've already addressed this in another thread, but I'm just curious.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, atomic said:

Bats take a while to warm up.  Especially not that they start the season in March.   I guess taking away Mancini and Villar away from last years line-up hurts.  They provided 7.4 of the positional players 8.9 WAR last season.  

There is little doubt the lineup without Mancini and Villar is very, very weak. Especially when you consider the replacements for them were Iglesias and basically Williams/Velaika. 

16 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

Tony, question:  Do you set the lineups and make the roster moves, or does the simulation do that on its own?  Sorry if you've already addressed this in another thread, but I'm just curious.

Thanks.

I set the Orioles lineups and make all the in game pinch hitting and bullpen moves. The AI sets the lineups and makes the moves for the opponent. 

11 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I set the Orioles lineups and make all the in game pinch hitting and bullpen moves. The AI sets the lineups and makes the moves for the opponent. 

Are you keeping Mancini out indefinitely or have you set a best guess date for his return?

2 hours ago, interloper said:

Are you keeping Mancini out indefinitely or have you set a best guess date for his return?

My plan was to put him in the 60-day DL (which I did) and then re-evaluate with any news we're hearing at that time about Mancini in real life.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Until Tony throws his laptop at a wall.  :skeletor:

Actually, @Tony-OH how does OOTP deal with injuries?  Is a guy who's always hurt in real life often on the IL in OOTP?

Players are given a health ratings and yes, guys that tend to be hurt more often have a better chance of getting hurt and needing to go on the DL. As a manager, you have to manage your bullpen appropriately as well as you risk injuring a pitcher if you pitch him when he fatigued. I typically won't pitch a reliever under 80% readiness and rarely under 90%.