If there are no minors, Akin and Kremer need to be on the team

wildcard

I don't see them sitting out the 2020 season.

When the O;s were to play a full season with a rotation that includes Wojo, LeBlanc and Milone plus an injury prone Cobb, I thought Akin and Kremer would go to the minors and be promoted during the season.   But if there are no minors in 202O, I think both Akin and Kremer need to available to the team.   So they have to be included in one form or another this season.

The details on how the roster is to be formed are not clear yet but these two starters seem likely to be included somehow this season.

3 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Is anyone saying they shouldn't be?

I hadn't thought about it really. I thought they should probably get some AAA time in a normal season, but now I agree all bets are off and you might as well give them a trial in a shortened season. I'm not sure that's what will happen though since they won't need nearly the pitching coverage they would over a full season. 

I think it's a more interesting OP than first glance. 

2 minutes ago, interloper said:

I hadn't thought about it really. I thought they should probably get some AAA time in a normal season, but now I agree all bets are off and you might as well give them a trial in a shortened season. I'm not sure that's what will happen though since they won't need nearly the pitching coverage they would over a full season. 

I think it is obvious that under the current plans for a season they would have the opportunity to pitch in the majors.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, interloper said:

I think this is a very interesting discussion. It seems like rosters will be expanded to handle more double-headers and fewer off-days. I'd assume Akin and Kremer would exactly the type of guys that would be part of this expanded roster. You don't really have to worry about service time with them and they're basically ready as they can be, especially with the minors likely cancelled for the year.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Chewbacca Jr. said:

I think this is a very interesting discussion. It seems like rosters will be expanded to handle more double-headers and fewer off-days. I'd assume Akin and Kremer would exactly the type of guys that would be part of this expanded roster. You don't really have to worry about service time with them and they're basically ready as they can be, especially with the minors likely cancelled for the year.

Hadn't really thought about that either, good point.

18 minutes ago, Mr. Chewbacca Jr. said:

I personally don't find it interesting at all, for the very reasons you outlined.  If they play this year and the rosters are expanded in such a way that's been proposed, it just opens up opportunities for Quad-A types, which Akin is...and there's nothing interesting about that. 

Kremer, hopefully, is better than a Quad-A pitcher.  

17 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I personally don't find it interesting at all, for the very reasons you outlined.  If they play this year and the rosters are expanded in such a way that's been proposed, it just opens up opportunities for Quad-A types, which Akin is...and there's nothing interesting about that. 

Kremer, hopefully, is better than a Quad-A pitcher.  

Love you Moose.  No chance you can state with certainty that Akin is a Quad-A pitcher.

51 minutes ago, interloper said:

And who knows? I don't know if it matters in their particular cases, but service time might not even count this season. The games, the "Championship" certainly won't count.