Lineup is Pretty Good

baltfan

28 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

It was so universal that I have to wonder if he did something in the off-season or in Bowie.  Changed running mechanics, workout plan, something.

I need to dig out an article I read about Mountcastle this spring.    It covered all the different things he’s done to try to improve himself over the last 2-3 offseason.    If he really did improve his speed by working at it, he deserves major credit for that.    Speed improvements are something you rarely see.

I found the article I was thinking of, but it barely mentions speed improvements:

“Mountcastle wasn’t going to let his search for a position be an excuse not to call him up anymore, and resolved to improve his throwing arm. Even as he’s grown into, physically, what teammate Austin Hays calls ‘a donkey,’ Mountcastle got faster to aid his recent transition to the outfield.“

The rest of the article gives a really detailed account of Mountcastle’s last several offseasons.    It’s a great read.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bs-sp-orioles-ryan-mountcastle-20200227-3gcaddwbojb7xe3mvuvw4jsqxq-story.html%3foutputType=amp

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

Well, that was one crap-tastic 4-game series against the Yankees, scoring a total of 3 runs. Hope they wake up against Atlanta.  

o

They went from a streak of scoring 4 or more runs in 10 consecutive games for the first time since 2006 to hitting like the Dodgers of the mid 1960's in 4 games against the Yankees ........ and if the Orioles had had a prime Koufax, Drysdale, and Perranoski on the roster, they still would have had trouble winning a game or 2 in this series.

o

On 9/13/2020 at 6:51 PM, OFFNY said:

o

They went from a streak of scoring 4 or more runs in 10 consecutive games for the first time since 2006 to hitting like the Dodgers of the mid 1960's in 4 games against the Yankees ........ and if the Orioles had had a prime Koufax, Drysdale, and Perranoski on the roster, they still would have had trouble winning a game or 2 in this series.

o

o

(SEPTEMBER 20th)

In 9 out of their last 12 games, the Orioles' offense scored either 0 Runs, or 1 Run, or 2 Runs ...... in those 9 games they collectively scored of total of 9 Runs, for an average of 1 Run per Game.

In the other 3 games in that span they scored 14 Runs in a win over the Braves, 5 Runs in a Win over the Braves, and 6 Runs in a loss to the Devil Rays.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/team/schedule/_/name/bal

o