Tracking Ex Oriole Thread

Rene88

On 5/25/2019 at 8:42 PM, Il BuonO said:

Well, he is a stud and all, but I’d be ok with the right deal.

I think if we include Trumbo and Cobb to sort of offset some cash we should be able to get Trout. Oh, and we should ask for some top prospects. And some international money so we can get some pitching. ?

10 hours ago, LA2 said:

Worse than merely jogging out of the batter's box, Manny also doesn't even try to speed up when the second baseman repeatedly bobbles the grounder:

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/phillies/padres-manny-machado-play-would-not-have-been-received-well-philly?cid=Yahoo&partner=ya4nbcs

I think that would be unacceptable behavior from a "team leader"  and "star" on the current O's.

I think that’s actually worse than anything I ever saw him do for the Orioles.   

5 hours ago, Frobby said:

He did that stuff all the time when he was here. Palmer routinely lambasted him for not running out ground balls he had a chance of beating out or going into a home run trot when it wasn't a home run and being stuck on first base instead of second or third. It's not viewed the same without the orange glasses, that's all. He ran hard sometimes and sometimes, it was like the video.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Frobby said:

This video makes it even clearer; I should have posted it earlier. Shows Biggio fumbling the ball slowly and completely *twice* and still beating Manny by at least five steps. Not a trace of speeding up despite seeing clearly what was happening. Not a trace of embarrassment afterwards. It was the first inning and so the eventually lopsided score (Padres lost 10-1) can't serve as an excuse.

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/padres-vs-blue-jays/2019/05/26/566891#game_state=final,lock_state=final,game_tab=videos,game=566891