Tracking Ex Oriole Thread

Rene88

16 minutes ago, bobmc said:

Pay back for ERod?  I think so  ⚾

It will be payback for ERod if Prado or Romero actually develop into major league players.   Rodriguez has been worth 10.6 rWAR for Boston, has won 45 games for them, and has two years of control left after this one.    Shall we count up the Orioles pitchers who have accrued 10.6 rWAR and won 45 games between 2015 and now?   Hint: there aren’t any.   

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

It will be payback for ERod if Prado or Romero actually develop into major league players.   Rodriguez has been worth 10.6 rWAR for Boston, has won 45 games for them, and has two years of control left after this one.    Shall we count up the Orioles pitchers who have accrued 10.6 rWAR and won 45 games between 2015 and now?   Hint: there aren’t any.   

LOL.  Gausman had 10.6 WAR  between 2015 and 2018.  Winning games is meaningless stat as that is beyond the pitchers control.  

11 minutes ago, atomic said:

LOL.  Gausman had 10.6 WAR  between 2015 and 2018.  Winning games is meaningless stat as that is beyond the pitchers control.  

WAR doesn’t have anything to with the Win stat.

EDIT: oh I see you’re addressing those separately. Yeah, edRod is 45 wins and 8.7 fWAR. Gausman was 39 wins and 10.7 fWAR.

1 hour ago, tntoriole said:

This was plenty of payback for EdRod for me... he and Zach were the filthiest pitchers I have ever seen on the mound for us. 

Maybe THE filthiest 

Os and Tigers in the playoffs... Seems like a million years ago now as both teams battle for the #1 pick.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, atomic said:

There’s a reason I cited WAR first and wins second.   I will never agree that wins are meaningless though.    The larger the sample of games, the more meaningful they are and the more the random stuff that causes pitchers to lose when they pitch well or win when they pitch poorly evens out.   

For my purposes, you don’t get to ignore what Gausman has done in 2019.   In the time ERod has been with the Red Sox, he has contributed more value to his team than Gausman has contributed to his.   

But let’s say you want to disregard what Gausman has done for the Braves.   In that case, you not only disregard his -0.8 this year, you also disregard his 1.0 for them last year.    His WAR for the Orioles was 9.6, not 10.6.    

In any event, I’m just pointing out that a pitching-thin team gave up a good long term pitching asset, so for the Cashner trade to make us “even” we need some value from the guys we got in that trade.    

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Enjoy Terror said:

WAR doesn’t have anything to with the Win stat.

EDIT: oh I see you’re addressing those separately. Yeah, edRod is 45 wins and 8.7 fWAR. Gausman was 39 wins and 10.7 fWAR.

fWAR is garbage.   See Ubaldo Jimenez’s fWAR with the O’s for proof.   

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, LA2 said:

Mmm, but 10 hits and a walk in 6.67 IP....

Cashner's last five games with the O's: 5 ER in 32 IP, 1.41 ERA; 19 hits, 4 BBs/18 Ks.

His four games with the RSox: 19 ER in 23.33 IP, 7.33 ERA (5.2 times worse); 31 hits, 10 BBs/16 Ks.

If Cashner loved it here so much then he can sign in the offseason to a cheap deal.  

1 hour ago, interloper said:

Os and Tigers in the playoffs... Seems like a million years ago now as both teams battle for the #1 pick.

Price, Verlander, Miggi, VMart (the past Santander wannabe).  We kicked some serious behind.  ⚾

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

There’s a reason I cited WAR first and wins second.   I will never agree that wins are meaningless though.    The larger the sample of games, the more meaningful they are and the more the random stuff that causes pitchers to lose when they pitch well or win when they pitch poorly evens out.   

For my purposes, you don’t get to ignore what Gausman has done in 2019.   In the time ERod has been with the Red Sox, he has contributed more value to his team than Gausman has contributed to his.   

But let’s say you want to disregard what Gausman has done for the Braves.   In that case, you not only disregard his -0.8 this year, you also disregard his 1.0 for them last year.    His WAR for the Orioles was 9.6, not 10.6.    

In any event, I’m just pointing out that a pitching-thin team gave up a good long term pitching asset, so for the Cashner trade to make us “even” we need some value from the guys we got in that trade.    

I don't even care about the ERod trade.  We got Miller and won the division that year.  I am only angry about Markakis related trades.  First trading for Snider and then trading for Parra all because we were too cheap to sign Markakis.  And the funny thing was at the time almost everyone on here was against signing Markakis. And then we waste all that money on Chris Davis. 

6 hours ago, Frobby said:

Can we subtract Ca$hner's negative rWAR as he bottoms out for the Sawx?  How much rWAR did A Miller provide?  (rhetorical - you have more on your shovel and I am just JYC).