O’s Sign Abad One

George Zuverink

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

It's better than the wink wink minor league deals in which the team has an understanding that the player will make the team out of camp.

Doesn't almost everyone that signs such a contract walk away thinking that's the deal they have?

On 12/16/2020 at 12:44 PM, scOtt said:

His stats show 40-50 IP up to 2017, zero in 2018, 13 in 2019, zero this year. Injured? Just out of MLB? Just wondering. I have no problem with it. Probably dirt cheap.

Roch answered that question.

He served an 80-game suspension in 2018 after testing positive for Stanozolol, a performance-enhancing substance, and was released by the Mets upon the announcement. He signed with the independent Long Island Ducks before making it back to the majors in 2019

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...

I think it’s time to stop saying that this guy or that guy looks terrible, because that quality doesn’t really Stand out on this team. I think we need some more superlatives, such as “most terrible” or, if you prefer to be positive, “least promising.”

When I got a first inning notification that the oriole Pitching had walked in a run, I wasn’t sure which one of our plethora of paltry performers had performed the deed.

It could have been any of them. Given enough time it is all of them.