DL Hall 2021

Just Regular

23 hours ago, eddie83 said:

Jon Meoli was on 105.7 tonight with Jerry Coleman. Was asked about prospects other than Adley who he looked forward to seeing. Said he heard Hall got his command figured out between Atl camp and Fall ball. Said with him being a lefty, velocity and pitch mix could be a top 20 prospect. 

Amazing how his command got better when he stopped facing high level hitting and then faced low-level hitters, liked the kind he dominated in Delmarva. 

We can hope it comes around but his Bowie season this year will tell us a whole lot more than some reports from instructs.

12 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Amazing how his command got better when he stopped facing high level hitting and then faced low-level hitters, liked the kind he dominated in Delmarva. 

We can hope it comes around but his Bowie season this year will tell us a whole lot more than some reports from instructs.

Sure but I don’t think Meoli is the type to just say something. 

Just like with Adley and all the rest these kids need to play. 

On 4/1/2021 at 9:16 PM, eddie83 said:

Sure but I don’t think Meoli is the type to just say something. 

Just like with Adley and all the rest these kids need to play. 

That was not a hit on Meoli's reporting, just stating facts. I have some contacts too.. ;) 

• 3 weeks later...

So I was all ready to wave the flag tomorrow of Trevor Rogers being a high school pitcher from the 2017 draft just like D.L. Hall, and the Marlins not exactly maximizing MLB wins yet, but nonetheless giving him a cup of coffee last fall and having maybe a promising rotation regular now.

But going to the dates of birth, Rogers was an OLD prep for the 2017 draft.   11.13.1997 DOB would have made him >19.5 as a high school by June 2017.  Hall is almost a full year younger, and I guess DOB beats HS diploma in rock/paper/scissors.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Has the Opening Night honors at 600.

I know in low minors some have said the book was kind of "just don't swing" because the stuff was that hot.   It'll be great to finally see what progress he's made, and if AA batters aren't so scared of his pitches.

I guess following his outings may be about the same as Any Given Tanner Scott night, though he will have Adley framing.

Skimming Altoona's roster, Oneil Cruz (the 6'7" shortstop) and Cal Mitchell are the prospecty names I sort of recognize.