McGregor on Rutschman: "They're throwing it (fastballs) by him right now"

Tony-OH

1 hour ago, DrungoHazewood said:

If I got a time machine the first place I'd go would be Union Park in Baltimore circa 1894.  So many questions about little details that are almost impossible to figure out without motion pictures, and even the stills are hard to come by and almost never of action.  Clearly the 500 innings were because they were pitching in ways far less destructive to arms than a modern pitcher, but how did that look in reality?

But not so much of a fan of sitting in the Baltimore summer heat in day games in a bowler hat and a suit. I'm definitely paying the extra 75 cents to sit under cover.  Don't know if Von Der Horst's beer is going to be either cold, or any good to modern taste buds.

Different bacteria abounded then that your body doesn't know how to deal with.   You'd die of dysentery or something pretty quickly, I'd imagine.

Never seems to happen in time travel movies and books, though.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Different bacteria abounded then that your body doesn't know how to deal with.   You'd die of dysentery or something pretty quickly, I'd imagine.

That's why he's going to be drinking beer.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, SteveA said:

I'll load up the time machine with antibiotics and antiretrovirals and the like.

50 minutes ago, LTO's said:

Starting catcher today for the first team televised game. Must not be hiding him

Revenue maximization the other side of cost minimization!   Perhaps there will be an ad for his gear on MLB Shop.

All kidding aside, this is a nice gesture.   Bonus points if we get the Brandon Lowe/Eloy Jimenez thing this week - maybe there's a sweet spot where we don't want more than one FA year option for an older catcher and he's amenable to selling ONE to get his career started.   I would guess the team trying for several if they are talking at all.

My pick was CJ Abrams, who at age 20 is already more advanced than AR and at a premium position (SS or CF), and at the very minimum provides elite speed

An old college catcher at 1-1 was a mistake

Covid is making it a really really big mistake

If you are 23 and in High A, AA ball are you still an elite prospect?

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

I guess Hyde is tired on watching Severino and Sisco.  He needs a break.

1 hour ago, interloper said:

Dude. I'm starting to come around to @Can_of_corn's aggressiveness re: Adley. Sisco and Sevvy both look exhaustingly bad right now.

They have always looked varying degrees of bad. I watched the Orioles play the Rangers a couple of years ago(or maybe it was just last year) and Severino attempted a pick off at second base where there was nobody at the base. It was laughable. Six year olds in T-ball would know better

Just now, Sports Guy said:

Only a 91 MPh but he sure as hell didn’t miss that one.  

Already looks like a way better athlete than Wieters in that one at bat/run around the bases.

Kinda stretched it into a double. And was bang-bang at the plate on the single. Was 2 outs but he's not the slug Wieters was.