Play Valaika

wildcard

Love that you started this thread. I've been saying this for awhile now. Urias is an automatic out. The guy simply cannot hit and I cringe everytime he comes to the plate. Valaika is a good hitter and a better ball player. I wish Baltimore would get rid of Urias. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Beysbol said:

Love that you started this thread. I've been saying this for awhile now. Urias is an automatic out. The guy simply cannot hit and I cringe everytime he comes to the plate. Valaika is a good hitter and a better ball player. I wish Baltimore would get rid of Urias. 

Well, keep Urias to back-up SS, and just drop Ruiz down. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

I usually don't go by small samples, but when you don't have a clear front runner I can see going with the hot hand and rewarding production. 

Talk about a hot hand.  Four days ago he was hitting .087, now up to .185.  If his average goes up 100 points every few days he'll be hitting over 5.000 by the end of the year.  Even Ty Cobb never hit 5.000.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

I agree. 2B seems to be a black hole in the lineup and we all know who Ruiz is and what he can do. Valaika hit okay last year and deserves at least a couple weeks of every day play to see if he can get comfortable. Urias is not the answer, I feel like that’s a given.

4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

The wildcard/Valaika love fest is quickly becoming an OH favorite.  Right up there with @Sports Guy and Casey Kotchman!

I just feel Valaika is a better overall 2B than Ruiz or Urias if offense and defense are considered.   I don't know enough about Jones and Martin to have an opinion on them at 2B.  Yet.  Elias/Hyde obviously did not agree to start the season.   I hope they give Valaika a chance now.

1 minute ago, wildcard said:

I just feel Valaika is a better overall 2B than Ruiz or Urias if offense and defense are considered.   I don't know enough about Jones and Martin to have an opinion on them at 2B.  Yet.

Inclined to agree that he's better than Urias...I don't care to see Urias take another at bat again.  If given enough time, I think he's probably a wash with Ruiz.  

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Inclined to agree that he's better than Urias...I don't care to see Urias take another at bat again.  If given enough time, I think he's probably a wash with Ruiz.  

Ruiz did not hit well in 2019 or 2020 or now in 2021.   Valaika out hit him in 2020.  I don't dislike Ruiz when I have seen him at 2B, but his defense is not good enough to justify his offense IMO.

• Upvote 1