I think Mullins in the all Star game is pretty likely

Greenpastures23

I'd call it a lock unless he gets hurt. Mullins deserves to be a starter but will probably be a reserve and the only Orioles rep.

Means and Mancini are our only other players that deserve consideration. Means is probably out because of his missed time, and Mancini has to compete with Vlad, Matt Olson, & a couple other pretty good 1b candidates.  

Mullins' primary competition probably is the story of Trey Mancini.  You know MLB would love to have the feel good story of Mancini recovering from cancer and then making the AS game (and I don't blame them for that at all, it's a terrific story).

But ultimately I think Mullins makes it.

11 minutes ago, vab said:

The Orioles no-trade list should be empty. Now it would take a boatload but I'd trade Mullins in the right deal. 

I think this is all semantics at this point, but depending on what a "boatload" means, it may be the same thing as being on a no-trade list. Conceptually, I--of course--agree. You listen on anyone. But if your price is so high on someone that no team is willing to come close, then that's still having a no-trade list without having an official no-trade list. 

That said, my asking price for Mullins would probably be way too high to facilitate a realistic deal. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, jamalshw said:

I think this is all semantics at this point, but depending on what a "boatload" means, it may be the same thing as being on a no-trade list. Conceptually, I--of course--agree. You listen on anyone. But if your price is so high on someone that no team is willing to come close, then that's still having a no-trade list without having an official no-trade list. 

That said, my asking price for Mullins would probably be way too high to facilitate a realistic deal. 

Agreed 

Mullins is fifth in WAR for position players and has the fourth best OPS in the AL. Barring something unforeseen happening Mullins is going to be an all star. And if it wasn't for being a relative unknown before this season and playing for the Orioles, Mullins would be a leading vote getter to start the game. 

• Upvote 1

One more thing on Mullins after a hot April with a .932 OPS and then cooled off in May with a .732 OPS.

In June, Mullins OPS is 1.305 ? and he has to be in the running for player of the month. This is what excites me the most about Mullins. After returning back to earth in May he's now scoring hot again. Baseball is a constant game of adjustments and the better players are able to adjust to the opposition. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

You absolutely trade Mullins in the right deal.  But the right deal should be close to what the Orioles got for Machado considering all of the control Mullins has.

I would not trade Mullins for Kremer, Diaz, Pop and Bannon.

• Upvote 1