Any Update on DL Hall?

WarehouseChatter

I know nothing as to the medical side of things but hearing “stress fracture” and “elbow” in the same sentence certainly sounds bad.  Does anyone have insight on this type of injury for a pitcher?  Someone mentioned the great Adam Loewen and I do remember he had a similar injury.  Can this truly just be a “rest and heal” injury?  Is it recoverable?

For those remember Loewen, his injury was specifically a "spiral fracture," which is basically what it sounds like, and about the worst injury you can get.

I have no idea about the severity of Hall's injury, but it is very possible he has a stress fracture, which is not nearly as bad as Loewen's.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pickles said:

For those remember Loewen, his injury was specifically a "spiral fracture," which is basically what it sounds like, and about the worst injury you can get.

I have no idea about the severity of Hall's injury, but it is very possible he has a stress fracture, which is not nearly as bad as Loewen's.

Where did you see this reported? Everything i could find just says "stress fracture". 

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Where did you see this reported? Everything i could find just says "stress fracture". 

Yea, spiral fracture is what happened to Tony Saunders, I think. I don’t recall Loewen having that, either. 

Milwaukee Brewers pitching prospect Dylan File underwent surgery Feb. 4 to repair a stress fracture in his pitching elbow. The procedure was performed by team surgeon William Raasch and File is expected to need 3-4 months for a full recovery.

“Dylan first experienced some elbow soreness last summer,” Brewers president of baseball operations David Stearns said. “He attempted to rehab it but ultimately surgery was necessary.”

Let's hope this is not one of those situations where the team tries to rehab only for it to require a surgery that takes him out next year as well.  These stress fractures seems to be hit or miss on whether surgery is required but I'm trying to find a MLB pitcher that had one and came back just as good.

7 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I googled it but couldn't find anything using that specific terminology, but I very clearly remember reading it described as a "spiral fracture" at the time of the second fracture.

39 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Let's hope this is not one of those situations where the team tries to rehab only for it to require a surgery that takes him out next year as well.  These stress fractures seems to be hit or miss on whether surgery is required but I'm trying to find a MLB pitcher that had one and came back just as good.

I found this. It sounds very similar to what Hall is going through.

https://247sports.com/mlb/indians/Article/Doctors-Take-LHP-Raymond-Burgos-Stress-Reaction-in-Elbow-132346968/

7 minutes ago, ChosenOne21 said:

A stress reaction isn't a fracture. That's good to know

Right.   It’s more something that could lead to a fracture.   But the fact that it’s present after a couple of months of not pitching is concerning.