Os trade Galvis to Phillies

Sports Guy

39 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

A little sarcasm, but on Burch's high A team there are nine pitchers with 12+ K/9, and the team is 33-41.  Used to be if you had Burch's K rate and K:BB ratio you were on the fast track to the majors, on the cover of Baseball America.  Now I don't even know if he's a prospect.

I saw his #s and was impressed.  Someone (I think FRobby) made a comment about his k% being slightly above league avg-ish.   It made me pause and look.  Unreal how fast the game has changed.  When does the  Pendulum swing back?  Seems we are at an unsustainable extreme.  

1 hour ago, SteveA said:

Don't worry, at some point it will get so bad, Elias will bring Stevie back up.

1 hour ago, SteveA said:

You don't have to tonight!   Valaika is starting.   Guess it's a platoon, Pat vs lefties and Domingo vs righties.

Thanks to both of you. I feel so much better.

I'll take either one over Leyba. I'd like to see Richie Martin get back and have some time at SS before his next injury, with Urias at second, where I think he might be OK.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

Galvis had a salary escalator activated by trade, if I remember correctly. Good for him. 

I had quite a good salary escalator once, but got off on the third floor and took the stairs down. Happier now in a dicey neighborhood reading obscure books.

• Haha 1

Galvis wasn’t here long enough to warrant an appreciation thread, I guess, but I did enjoy his brief time here.   He met or exceeded expectations and did so cheaply.   I kind of like the looks of Burch.   If he ever sees an inning of major league play, that’ll be one more benefit we got from the Galvis signing.  

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

We essentially got a prospect for nothing. Galvis was a throw away here. Nice job

Other teams did better in this respect, taking players signed last off season and turning them into prospect value.

Pirates with Tyler Anderson

Cubs with Jake Marisnick

Hard to split out value (with Gomes included), but arguable the Nationals with Harrison and certainly their Schwarber deal which netted a nice Boston prpspect.

2 minutes ago, Camden_yardbird said:

Other teams did better in this respect, taking players signed last off season and turning them into prospect value.

Pirates with Tyler Anderson

Cubs with Jake Marisnick

Hard to split out value (with Gomes included), but arguable the Nationals with Harrison and certainly their Schwarber deal which netted a nice Boston prpspect.

Schwarber signed an 11.5M deal with the Nats. 

15 hours ago, emmett16 said:

I saw his #s and was impressed.  Someone (I think FRobby) made a comment about his k% being slightly above league avg-ish.   It made me pause and look.  Unreal how fast the game has changed.  When does the  Pendulum swing back?  Seems we are at an unsustainable extreme.  

I would think that Burch's 15.2 K/9 IP is more than slightly above the league average, even if it's 12-something as Drungo mentioned. I wonder what types of pitches he relies on for the Ks.