Carter Baumler 2022-23

Tony-OH

Good to see him get to Delmarva. Hopefully we see a number of guys promoted throughout the organization over the next week or so. If Baumler can pitch as we hope and become a solid prospect, that helps a lot for an organization that is two promotions away from being extremely light in pitching prospects. 

Same as with Kjerstad, here's hoping he can repeat Coby Mayo hitting the ground running type things coming out of Florida.

At Charleston (Tampa) looks like a pretty tough assignment in this year's Carolina League.    Can we get some Tuesday Sunday action presuming the first two turns are going to be like 45, 60 pitches?

1 hour ago, jamalshw said:

Good to see him get to Delmarva. Hopefully we see a number of guys promoted throughout the organization over the next week or so. If Baumler can pitch as we hope and become a solid prospect, that helps a lot for an organization that is two promotions away from being extremely light in pitching prospects. 

Yeah, if Hall, Rodriguez and Bradish graduate I guess that would make our top pitching prospect...Drew Rom?  Baumler showing well would certainly help add to that depth a bit.

2 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

Yeah, if Hall, Rodriguez and Bradish graduate I guess that would make our top pitching prospect...Drew Rom?  Baumler showing well would certainly help add to that depth a bit.

Best of the rest, Brandon Young IL, Carlos Tavera, Juan Delosantos, Moises Chace IL, and Raul Rangel IL.   Hopefully, someone emerges.

5/25 (raw notes)

Smoth repeatable delivery. Mature body.

93 MPH on 3rd pitch

3-2 curveball for K looking (80 mph)

Strikeout swinging on FB (302)

2nd inning

Starting most players off with offspeed, getting ahead

Curve best pitch (plus pitch at times)

Leaving changeup up (some horizontal movement)

Slider well below average

Two K's looking on fastballs

3rd inning

Impressive fastball-curveball combo (fastball 93 MPH)

Changup and slider need work.

Has some Chris Tillman in him.

• Upvote 4

Baumler is done for the day.  I’m hoping Tony will elaborate on his notes, but from my point of view, for a guy pitching in his first pro game after not pitching for 2 years in a competitive environment, that’s a very nice first outing.   Sounds like some of his secondaries need work, but that’s fine under the circumstances.  He’s got time to work on those.