Will Adley Rutschman be on the Opening Day roster?

Frobby

Will Adley Rutschman be on the Opening Day roster?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Will Adley Rutschman be on the Opening Day roster

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/06/22 at 02:19

12 minutes ago, amdcpus said:

Rutschman isn't young, harper guerrero machado soto acuna etc all debuted 5 years younger than he is

That change the calculus?

When it comes to when to debut a player I think you have three choices - (1) allow him to debut when you think he's ready without trying to optimize.

(2) Wait enough time after he's ready to maybe get an extra year (relatively easy choice for a prospect who would be a surprise that they are developed enough to be a potental top 3 RoY candidate.

(3) Put him on the opening day roster because you think he's more likely to be good enough to finish in the top 3 in AL RoY voting and return the franchise a compensation pick and $2m more in draft pool money.

With a player like Adley especially with the injury (2) is probably the way to go.  However considering how little it takes to finish in the top 3 most years I'd be surprised and maybe quite a bit disappointed Adley performed poorly enough to earn that extra year.

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, MijiT88 said:

With all of these top prospects making opening day rosters this year, which I am super excited to see, I 100% believe AR wouldve been part of the record breaking group that is this year. Hopefully he is up as soon as he is ready!

I 21.4% believe AR would have been part.

You see the Rays locking up Wander, Pirates locking up Hayes, and Cleveland signing Ramirez. Yet, we continue to sit on our hands with Adley. It’s really sickening. I honestly have lost any remaining interest I had at this point in this franchise. Which is a shame. Like others here have stated, if they don’t care then why should I?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, milbest77 said:

You see the Rays locking up Wander, Pirates locking up Hayes, and Cleveland signing Ramirez. Yet, we continue to sit on our hands with Adley. It’s really sickening. I honestly have lost any remaining interest I had at this point in this franchise. Which is a shame. Like others here have stated, if they don’t care then why should I?

How long do you want to extend a 24 y/o catcher that will be 31 when he starts free agency?

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

More?

Yes.

Can I get him on a two or three year deal?

In an ideal world, he’d have been up in 2020. I’m not going to put all the blame on the Orioles for taking advantage of the way the system is set up. Especially when the rules were just up for revision last month.  I’m disappointed this is the path the Orioles choose, but I’m not blind to their economic realities. 

You know, don’t hate the player, hate the game. Blah blah blah.