Adley Rutschman 2022

Just Regular

16 minutes ago, Aglets said:

Hate to keep saying it.  But I think if it's not tomorrow............. we are probably looking at May 31.

I bought tickets back in March to see them play in Fenway on Memorial Day weekend. I thought it was a safe assumption that AR would be on the team and I'd have a chance to see him. Silly me.

If Rutschman is really going to make his Orioles MLB debut this weekend, then I'm expecting the word to leak out this evening after the Yankees game concludes this afternoon. 

It would give a 24 hours advance buzz to the fanbase, plus the weather is going to be hot this weekend and should lead to a large walkup crowd at OPACY.

Who knows at this point with how long this has dragged out. 

Micro-environment wise, Hall is scheduled for tomorrow.

But Adley did already help him know what to do after an inning in a AAA game, so he might be good.

I am sure that replacing 10% of the team PA's taken by Bemboom last night with Rutschman would not have made a difference in a 1-run game.

Hall up tomorrow too would be super-boss.   No way are MLB game situations taking them off their pitch allotments, and pitches are just data.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, xmichaelx said:

Twitter rumors Adley will be called up tomorrow. 

Well Adley is also catching for Norfolk tonight. I would have expected him not to catch tonight's game if tomorrow is supposed to be the day. Maybe he gets called up tomorrow and starts at catcher on Saturday instead. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, deward said:

I suppose he could get called up and DH or play 1B on Friday. Here's hoping.

Well, the catching three days in a row box will get checked tonight.   I’d still say there’s a chance he gets called up tomorrow but the odds defenitely just went down. 

Cardinals going Gorman Friday and Liberatore Saturday, so two more guys the models might now predict to be one day ahead at ~2.120-ish days of service entering 2025 if we go Adley Saturday and Grayson Sunday.

Memphis did pretty well against Norfolk on the big Game of the Month stage, guess they deserve it more.