ESPN's Ravech: Teixeira has "enormous attraction to the Orioles" Close to signing

Tony-OH

A friend of mine said ESPN had a banner going across the bottom of the TV screen saying the Angels were out of the Teixeira negotiations and that they were going after Manny. Scioscia said they made their best offer and it wasn't enough. This should not be a surprise with Teixeira telling friends he wanted to be on the East Coast. The Red Sox are not going to sign him IMO for the reasons I said on my post this morning. They are not going to pay Teixeira $21 million + long term when Pedroia is making under $7 mill, Ortiz is making $13 million and Youkilis is making $3 million. It's not going to happen. Tex will be an Oriole by Thursday or Friday.

Why not Tuesday/Wednesday?

Is it just me or does Belkast coming back on for #1000 seem like good luck?:scratchchinhmm:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sadly, this is just as plausible as most of what we hear on here (excluding Belkast, BB, etc...). Yet, Im sure by the time Im done typing this the angry responses will be flying on why this report is bull.

There is a difference between a source in the front office, and a "father's best-friend-from-high-school's business partner"; I hope you realize that.

The next post from that guy was probably about that time they were out fishing in the middle of the ocean when they picked up that dog. Only it wasn't a dog...

You found that report plausible? He is set to make $200 million and he is on the road half of the baseball season. His wife can go to Atlanta whenever she wants.

Id say its just as plausible as many of the reports that dont come from the insiders on here, yes. It flies in the face of many assumptions people have made about Tex wanting to be near home.

Now, the part about the Nats visiting ATL - that wasnt the rumor this guy had heard IF Im reading it correctly. That seems to be just his analysis. That part is pretty suspect. The rest could just as easily be true as the stuff we hear about Tex eating at such and such a restaurant or pretty much all the Ravens game stuff.

Let me put it this way: Im sure the Nats fan believe just as strongly that this is true as many on here believe all this stuff from girlfriends and guys who know someone who knows someone stuff (again NOT the actual insiders). Theyre probably just as quick to dismiss the stuff they read over here... but realistically we have no friggin clue what the truth is and most of us are just making a chain of assumptions. I dont put much stock in any of it, frankly.

Found this on a Nats board./ For what its worth (not much)

"My father's best friend from high school is a Luxury home Builder. His business partner plays cards every week with Teixeira's father. Tex's father indicated he really didn't want to play with the O's. He went further, stating Tex's choice would be to stay in LA. However the wife is pressing him to come east. Despite what you may have been lead to believe she is from Atlanta (some already knew this). My Dad's friend comes into play here because of his partner and the fact that he has a super luxury home on the Bay he wants to sell him if he moves to the area. Tex's dad indicated a desire for the wife to be able to spend some time during the season in the ATL. Who plays in the ATL 3 times per season? As petty as this sounds it is a factor as is the fact that apparently according to the father the Nats have and always have had the biggest offer. Also Tex seems to know or have been sold by the Nats brass that he would be the legacy starter in DC. Not grouped with Ripken, Brooks etc. In short if Tex goes anywhere else it won't be because the Nats got outbid. Take it for what its worth, but I trust my pops and the 2 individuals he knows and it would be one hell of a story for me to come up with."

And then he said that he had another friend who said that the Nats minor league system is better than the O's.

Archived