ESPN's Ravech: Teixeira has "enormous attraction to the Orioles" Close to signing

Tony-OH

Id say its just as plausible as many of the reports that dont come from the insiders on here, yes. It flies in the face of many assumptions people have made about Tex wanting to be near home.

Now, the part about the Nats visiting ATL - that wasnt the rumor this guy had heard IF Im reading it correctly. That seems to be just his analysis. That part is pretty suspect. The rest could just as easily be true as the stuff we hear about Tex eating at such and such a restaurant or pretty much all the Ravens game stuff.

Let me put it this way: Im sure the Nats fan believe just as strongly that this is true as many on here believe all this stuff from girlfriends and guys who know someone who knows someone stuff (again NOT the actual insiders). Theyre probably just as quick to dismiss the stuff they read over here... but realistically we have no friggin clue what the truth is and most of us are just making a chain of assumptions. I dont put much stock in any of it, frankly.

Again, consider the source.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A friend of mine said ESPN had a banner going across the bottom of the TV screen saying the Angels were out of the Teixeira negotiations and that they were going after Manny. Scioscia said they made their best offer and it wasn't enough.

I actually transcribed this earlier. The crawl said:

"Scioscia on Angels' attempt to sign 1B Mark Teixeira: 'We have taken our best shot'"

Then went on to say he "endorsed" the team going after Manny. With that, I really have no idea why so many analysts still think the Angels are in the mix.

Id say its just as plausible as many of the reports that dont come from the insiders on here, yes. It flies in the face of many assumptions people have made about Tex wanting to be near home.

Now, the part about the Nats visiting ATL - that wasnt the rumor this guy had heard IF Im reading it correctly. That seems to be just his analysis. That part is pretty suspect. The rest could just as easily be true as the stuff we hear about Tex eating at such and such a restaurant or pretty much all the Ravens game stuff.

Let me put it this way: Im sure the Nats fan believe just as strongly that this is true as many on here believe all this stuff from girlfriends and guys who know someone who knows someone stuff (again NOT the actual insiders). Theyre probably just as quick to dismiss the stuff they read over here... but realistically we have no friggin clue what the truth is and most of us are just making a chain of assumptions. I dont put much stock in any of it, frankly.

I think you've made some great points and I agree with you totally. There's so much emotion tied up in this, and it's easy to let the difference between fact, opinion, rumor, and hope get muddled.

Wow, two revelations tonight 1. The Nats have a message board 2. The Nats have fans....

Nat's fans arn't real fans though. I go to school in VA and every self proclaimed baseball fan wearing a Nat's hat seems to think the Sux and Skanks are going to meet in the world series every year. Sounds like an ESPN intern if you ask me...

I will understand why Tex signs with the O's, to be near family and put his hometown team back on the map. I will understand why Tex signs with the Red Sox, because objectively they are much closer to a championship year in and year out. I will never understand if he signs with the Nats. That would make zero sense. It is a junk franchise with skinflint ownership, no fans, and a buffoon GM. Why?

I will understand why Tex signs with the O's, to be near family and put his hometown team back on the map. I will understand why Tex signs with the Red Sox, because objectively they are much closer to a championship year in and year out. I will never understand if he signs with the Nats. That would make zero sense. It is a junk franchise with skinflint ownership, no fans, and a buffoon GM. Why?

Because he gets everything he wants in terms of a contract.

Why cant ESPN come out and say that Tex and O's agree to terms. Isnt that what happened with CC and then they spent a couple days figuring things out. All I want is an official heads up!!!! I feel that...because we are the O's...they are making absolutely sure before breaking it.

Then again, I remind myself of how long it took for the Bedard trade after it seemed so imminent. Thank goodness this (Hopefully) has to end before Christmas

Archived