Moves I’d like to see this weekend

connja

1.   Mountcastle activated (owing released)

2.  Adley called up

3.  Grayson up for Sunday start

4. Henderson to AAA

5. Varva activated from AAA IL (almost ready?)

6.  Pierto to AA

7.  Kjerstad activated (or at least some news,)

• Upvote 4

27 minutes ago, connja said:

2.  Adley called up

4. Henderson to AAA

6.  Pierto to AA

I just did a quick search and there's no recent news or update on Heston. I feel bad for him as he's already 23 and hasn't taken the field yet.

Hopefully Mountcastle will be good to go soon. I'm not sure what his injury was.

Pierto should probably go to Norfolk because he does have professional experience. I don't know if there's room for him there though.

26 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

I just did a quick search and there's no recent news or update on Heston. I feel bad for him as he's already 23 and hasn't taken the field yet.

Kjerstad we're still a couple few weeks away from the midpoint of the original 8-12 week prognosis.    Anything this month would be "Cool, Cesar Prieto is already back" kind of stuff.

There I think I'm on Team DH only until he shows he can get a few doubles under his belt without hurting himself.   Presuming he can hit doubles off pro pitchers.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, connja said:

2.  Adley called up

4. Henderson to AAA

6.  Pierto to AA

Re: #1, that would leave the team without a bench shortstop (unless Urias is sitting in favor of Nevin at 3B, which isn't likely). So sadly, I don't think a Mountcastle activation will result in an Owings DFA. More likely, an extra pitcher like Gillaspie will be optioned. 

Agree with all the other ones. Too early for Kjerstad still though. 

2 hours ago, maybenxtyr said:

Hopefully Mountcastle will be good to go soon. I'm not sure what his injury was.

Pierto should probably go to Norfolk because he does have professional experience. I don't know if there's room for him there though.

There 100% is room for him there. Grenier is not the type of player to be blocking anyone. He and Martin should not be blockers for Pierto or Henderson. I, however, don't expect the Orioles to skip AA with Pierto even if they probably should. Ideally, I'd like to see both in AAA and Martin in the majors over Owings. 

2 hours ago, maybenxtyr said:

I just did a quick search and there's no recent news or update on Heston. 

What do you consider “recent?”   From Roch on May 9:

The only update I can get is that he’s “doing well,” but not playing in extended spring training games. He’s taking live at-bats, doing fielding drills. Working on a running progression. The normal buildup from a hamstring injury. There’s no available timetable for his professional debut. Hopefully sometime soon.

https://www.masnsports.com/blog/because-you-asked

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

What do you consider “recent?”   From Roch on May 9:

The only update I can get is that he’s “doing well,” but not playing in extended spring training games. He’s taking live at-bats, doing fielding drills. Working on a running progression. The normal buildup from a hamstring injury. There’s no available timetable for his professional debut. Hopefully sometime soon.

https://www.masnsports.com/blog/because-you-asked

I didn't even find that. Good info, maybe he's on track according to the initial timeline.

25 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I don't expect Adley up this weekend...well, because I'm conditioned to disappointment as well as this regime taking for****ingever on things but if he's not up here by this time next week, @Frobbyand I are going to go egg the warehouse.  

My spine surgeon’s office is on the 5th floor. Just keep the eggs below that. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Breaking windows, not spines man.  You'll be ok.

Aren't the first 3 levels bullet proof glass or something for all the HRs that were expected to be launched off the warehouse during the Steroid era?  

• Haha 1