Henderson and Westburg promoted to Norfolk

MurphDogg

23 minutes ago, ChosenOne21 said:

I'm pretty sure either could do better than .590 or whatever Nevin is OPSing right now. Probably play better defense, too

I think it would be silly to promote them right now in a lost season when they are just getting their feet wet in Norfolk.

Ask me again in August or September. If the goal is to win next season it could be advantageous for them to see some major league pitching this season. 

Probably wanna get that extra year with Gunnar though…….

9 hours ago, survivedc said:

I’d say no. Under .500 but competitive right now, I want these guys to experience that together. 

Adding them boosts the level of competitiveness. SS and 3B are the two weaknesses in the lineup. There’s all this talk about the extra year, what if this year is the extra year?

3 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Adding them boosts the level of competitiveness. SS and 3B are the two weaknesses in the lineup. There’s all this talk about the extra year, what if this year is the extra year?

Plus, Gunnar is the kind of player that can get his service time corrected on his own by winning Rookie of the Year next year. Or finishing Top 5 in mvp before he hits FA 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/6/2022 at 2:24 PM, RZNJ said:

Welk still not close to coming back?  He was also shaky at 3B but he might be an option at 3B for Bowie at some point.   Until then, you're probably right.  Cullen or Graffanino.

Last I heard, towards the end of July for Welk.