Thursday, June 23: Orioles begin 10 game road trip in the South Side of Chicago

SteveA

14 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't think his game is any where near as developed as any of those three.

I hope he gets there.

I'd honestly more compare him to some of the next level athletic freaks we see in the NBA. 

Baseball has to find a way to attract the “next level freak athletes” if it wants to compete long term with other sports.  MiLB minimum wage of $100k-200k might be able to sway some kids away from the other sports.  I know it will never happen . 

2 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

Baseball has to find a way to attract the “next level freak athletes” if it wants to compete long term with other sports.  MiLB minimum wage of $100k-200k might be able to sway some kids away from the other sports.  I know it will never happen . 

You want every kid in rookie ball bagging 100k/year?

I think putting actual resources into the RBI program and some other youth initiatives would be smarter.

4 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

Being an athletic freak doesn't do much to help you in baseball.  Just ask Michael Jordan. 

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think putting actual resources into the RBI program and some other youth initiatives would be smarter.

That's a very good idea. I think they're trying to do that with soccer here in the US since our national team is so bad. Soccer has always been so bad in America. 

13 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think it has to be a combo of both.  If you are a 4 or 5 tool athlete it’s not attractive to do an internship for 2-3 years before getting paid.  No other sport does that.  

7 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Being an athletic freak doesn't do much to help you in baseball.  Just ask Michael Jordan. 

Have you read Tito’s book?  He had no doubt given another year or two he would have been an impact player. 

let’s just say I’d opt for 5 tools over 2 or 3 if I had to chose.  

Just now, emmett16 said:

Wow - did not think Santander was gonna track that one down.  Great play!

I know. I thought there was no way he was going to get to that. Awesome play! Especially since Baltimore is only up by 3. 

• Upvote 3