Wednesday July 27: Jackson Holliday's Oriole Park Intro and O's try to win 3rd home series in a row from Rays

SteveA

8 minutes ago, LA2 said:

It's the Rays MO year-in, year-out to have no-name pitchers do well, against all teams. They're third in the AL in ERA.

I was trying a reverse jinx.  I actually like the Rays they are the only other AL East team I am rooting for.  The Jays are actually growing on me since they do not have the obnoxious players anymore.

Haha Red Sox have already bled two more errors in the first 2 innings. That's become my favorite new form of scoreboard watching: how many errors Boston has made and whether there are any fun videos of them posted yet.

1 minute ago, CynBeth said:

I was trying a reverse jinx.  I actually like the Rays they are the only other AL East team I am rooting for.  The Jays are actually growing on me since they do not have the obnoxious players anymore.

Cool. Yeah they used to have quite a few.

The video is up of Bosox 1st baseman Cordero making both glove and throwing E's on the same play, blowing the possible DP and allowing two Cleveland runs to score.

Edited by LA2

Seems like a lot of balls dropping right in front of Santander in RF lately.

Don't know if someone like McKenna would have gotten them easily or not, hard to judge.

But eye-test-wise, it seemed to me that Santander had a very good start to the season defensively, and lately he has not been as good.   No idea if that is backed up by stats or not.

9 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Seems like a lot of balls dropping right in front of Santander in RF lately.

Don't know if someone like McKenna would have gotten them easily or not, hard to judge.

But eye-test-wise, it seemed to me that Santander had a very good start to the season defensively, and lately he has not been as good.   No idea if that is backed up by stats or not.

My impression too. Looks stiffer and slower running bases too, not going full-speed unless he absolutely has to. So I think something physical's acting up.