Sunday August 28: Justin Verlander stands between Orioles and another sweep at Minute Maid Park

SteveA

5 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Love Buc-ees! Good selection of jerky too! And the cleanest rest rooms around. I call it the Costco of truck stops, but actually trucks aren’t allowed.

Oh yeah. Buccees is awesome. There's one about 45 mins from me. Great brisket and cheap (relatively speaking) gas. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Love Buc-ees! Good selection of jerky too! And the cleanest rest rooms around. I call it the Costco of truck stops, but actually trucks aren’t allowed.

Seriously. An entire block-long wall of jerky selections. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Uli2001 said:

I live sort of nearby and have been to a couple of Orioles games there. It's a domed stadium, what else can you say? It feels small and strange to watch a baseball game indoors. Other than that, very nice stadium.

Oh, it's a complete dome and not a retractible?

Well, I'm pretty stupid then, I've been listing the weather forecast in the Game Thread opener for all 3 games because I thought the dome could be opened or closed.

Just now, PHRESH said:

Oh yeah. Buccees is awesome. There's one about 45 mins from me. Great brisket and cheap (relatively speaking) gas. 

Good pulled pork also. The one near me in Daytona is a disaster to get in and out of though. The people watching down here almost makes it worth it.

• Haha 1

Just now, SteveA said:

Well, I'm pretty stupid then, I've been listing the weather forecast in the Game Thread opener for all 3 games because I thought the dome could be opened or closed.

It can be opened.

Just now, SteveA said:

It is retractable.  

Just now, PHRESH said:

Stopped there earlier this year on a road trip from Houston (my wife's parents live out there) to Wimberley.  Brisket sandwich was tasty, now that you mention it.  Pretty good gasoline cuisine. 

• Upvote 1