Saturday September 3: Orioles vs Athletics

SteveA

2 minutes ago, LA2 said:

What was Palmer's "You can come into my room and take a look" comment about?

I think it was about young sibling fans bickering over a foul ball. It looked as though the older brother had come away with it, to the consternation of his younger sister. It did sound a bit strange, though.

2 minutes ago, LA2 said:

What was Palmer's "You can come into my room and take a look" comment about?

A young guy got a foul ball and his dad was struggling to get it from him, and the boy would not give it up. I believe Palmer was voicing the young man telling his dad if you want to see the ball you can come in my room to see it, it’s mine!

1 minute ago, Babkins said:

I think it was about young sibling fans bickering over a foul ball. It looked as though the older brother had come away with it, to the consternation of his younger sister. It did sound a bit strange, though.

Oh! I got that wrong then! Hahaha

1 minute ago, justD said:

A young guy got a foul ball and his dad was struggling to get it from him, and the boy would not give it up. I believe Palmer was voicing the young man telling his dad if you want to see the ball you can come in my room to see it, it’s mine!

Thanks! Out of context it seemed weird!

8 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

I think your correct with what we know.   But it seems that behind the scenes Odor is doing magical things making scared and unhappy boys into wonderful excited super great baseball men.   Or at least that is the propaganda being pumped out by Hyde.   

I dont buy it.  I think Odor has done his job of playing until some of our prospects were ready.  I think several are more capable than Odor.   Not even thinking of Urias.  Westburg and Joey Ortiz could play second.   Both would likely hit more than Odor now also.  

I believe Odor's leadership/veteranosity has helped the O's.  There's no way to quantify it.  It might even balance out the negative effect of his play.  Elias/Hyde obviously think so.