Is Joc Pederson a good fit for 2023?

Jim'sKid26

6 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

He was never skinny but he looks like he's packed it on pretty good.   Would love to know how much he's slowed down over the years.  I always thought he had a pretty good defensive reputation.

Savant has his 2022 Sprint Speed percentiles down at 20 after he'd hung in the 40's mostly when he was younger.

The bright red on the batting categories though probably made it worth it if it was a trade off.    At a guess I wouldn't expect him to field any better next year than Santander or Stowers, maybe worse.

Everyday DH's are pretty thin on the ground these days.

• Tony-OH changed the title to Is Joc Pederson a good fit for 2023?
2 hours ago, Just Regular said:

Michael Conforto.

Feels like Conforto should be his own thread too.  His OBP is top-shelf with other plus offensive abilities too.  And would be a plus LF/RFer too (assuming shoulder health). I suspect he'll get close to $20m/year.  He has pretty notable splits too.

2 hours ago, Just Regular said:

A byproduct of how talent has been amassed is that its easy to find current Orioles one might reasonably like to take pretty much all 6000 plate appearances.

Agreed on the depth of in-house options.  But I think there's also a need for improvement at reasonable cost (so the primary spending could be on TOR SP) to not block priority plays once they're ready.  The opportunity cost is why I would shop in the Splits Bin.   The high contract (and other uses for that money) puts me out on Conforto (despite loving his two-way play and especially his OBP). 

1 hour ago, Just Regular said:

Adley 600, RMC 600, Westburg 450, Mateo 500, Gunnar 650, Hays 600, Mullins 650, Cowser 450, Santander 650

Looking at the incumbent line-up, the (most likely) offensive weak links are Mateo and Hays.  (Plus, some concerns about 1B bench depth.)  We do have other in-house options for Mateo who you currently have 0 PAs for (Ortiz or Gunnar/Westburg and shuffling in Norby at 2B).  Which means Hays' PA could be upgraded and share some DH PAs.  

All of that said, IF we can package Santander/Mullins(?)/Hays/etc. for a TOR SP, then I can see being in on the Conforto bidding.