Elias sounds like he is shooting high

wildcard

1 minute ago, sevastras said:

To me, this means someone like Kershaw or Verlander.  Maybe his budget is Rich Hill, he has certainly been there, done that.  There are certainly a lot of options that aren’t bad. 
Greinke, Kluber, Quintana have all been there and done that and have a legitimate chance of pitching well enough to be a top 3 starter assuming Grayson and Means are both affective. 

If his budget is Rich Hill he wouldn't be about adding a #1-3 starter.

38 minutes ago, wildcard said:

He has not dominated AAA yet.

Sometimes you can’t be formulaic.  If the guy has a great spring training, you don’t worry that he hasn’t checked the “dominated AAA” box.   Everyone I’ve read agrees he has stuff that translates to the majors.   Can he command it to a sufficient degree, and where’s the best place for him to learn to do it?   Those are the questions.   

Don’t get me wrong.  I say I’d be disappointed if he started the year in AAA.   That doesn’t mean I think it won’t happen, or shouldn’t under certain circumstances.   I just hope he looks good enough in ST where management decides the best path is to throw him in the deep end of the pool.   

5 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

Trade an outfielder and infield prospect to Miami for pitching (Lopez?).  Sign Nimmo to replace the outfielder.

Why?  Not trying to fuss, but in your scenario you've got something like Cowser and Westburg (league min) for Lopez (arb) and then need to sign Nimmo for 5/$110.  Can't you use your resource to gain wins better than that?  Like just sign the pitching and keep the prospects.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, MarCakes21 said:

Why?  Not trying to fuss, but in your scenario you've got something like Cowser and Westburg (league min) for Lopez (arb) and then need to sign Nimmo for 5/$110.  Can't you use your resource to gain wins better than that?  Like just sign the pitching and keep the prospects.

Exactly. I’d rather sign Someone like Eovaldi.

8 minutes ago, MarCakes21 said:

I doubt Nimmo is getting that contract.

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

2.  What is DL Hall — effective starter, big time back-end reliever, or something more disappointing?

If they didn't plan to compete next year I would either throw him into the rotation to sink or swim or let him start the season in the Norfolk rotation.

Since they are planning to compete I would give him a chance to crack the rotation with a great spring training but more likely target him to be a 1-2 inning shutdown reliever in the MLB bullpen for at least the 2023 season.

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

Home Alone?  I don’t get it.

I know you don't.  It's ok.

I'm saying I'd prefer to pass on Eovaldi.  A guy with tremendous stuff who never seems to be able to put it all together.  

I can't believe I'm saying this, but maybe that actually makes him a *good* candidate for this organization with the way they've been able to coax good performances out of guys like Lyles and Voth and turn around a guy like Kremer.  So maybe I shouldn't be as opposed to Eovaldi as I initially had been.

14 minutes ago, MarCakes21 said:

I would expect one major league outfielder from Mullins, Hays or Santander to go.  Add Urias.

Established players go.  Established quality starter returns.  We hold onto our prospects.