Elias sounds like he is shooting high

wildcard

1 hour ago, MarCakes21 said:

It's a waste of assets.  You have to then sign what you trade from.  Ie, trade Mullins/Santander, then you have to sign Nimmo and Abreu.  Why not just shell out the money for arms in the first place.

If the target SP we trade checks more boxes than FA SPs AND a guy like Nimmo/Abreu checks more boxes than whoever we trade away, then it's reasonable.  

24 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

If those are too much risk then they need to double up on two #3’s like sign Taillon and trade for someone like Pablo Lopez.

Two #3 is fine for the regular season and making the playoffs.  I'd rather have a higher upside for the playoffs though.  Quite a few SPs we've brought up (like Taillon and Heaney) have a wide range of outcomes (#2 to nada).  But we also have that range in-house too with a few of our guys (Grayson, Hall, Bradish with high upsides).

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

If I takes 3/130 to get the 40-year old Verlander, I’ll happily go 5/150 for Rodon.

If those are too much risk then they need to double up on two #3’s like sign Taillon and trade for someone like Pablo Lopez.

Plan C is trading for an ace.  

I definitely want Rodon. I think 5 years for 135-140 million gets it done. The second pitcher I would acquire would be Clevinger or Kluber on a one or two year contract.

Rodon, GROD, Clevinger, Kremer, Bradish.

Wells and Voth to the pen. Hall to the pen or AAA. Or Hall could maybe piggyback GROD or could be an opener for Kremer or Bradish. Didn’t Tampa limit Glasnow for a period of time. I recall he would start and throw maybe three innings. 

1 minute ago, TPeace21 said:

Whats the likelihood that Elias makes a move (trade/FA Signing) between now and Thanksgiving? 

I think it’s better than 50/50.  I get the impression that things could move fast.  He who hesitates.  Duquette would have to wait for January/February for leftovers (Ubaldo, Nelson Cruz, etc.)

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I think it’s better than 50/50.  I get the impression that things could move fast.  He who hesitates.  Duquette would have to wait for January/February for leftovers (Ubaldo, Nelson Cruz, etc.)

But would the move fall under the "Shooting High" ? Or is any move that is involving the Major League roster a "Shooting High" move? 

5 minutes ago, TPeace21 said:

But would the move fall under the "Shooting High" ? Or is any move that is involving the Major League roster a "Shooting High" move? 

I don’t think it will be Rodon, Degrom, Verlander, or one of the SS.  Someone like Taillon, Benintendi, nothing too exciting.

“The Orioles are swimming in the ‘deep end’ and touching base with the agents for almost all of the free-agent pitchers,” The Athletic’s Jim Bowden(subscription required) writes.

Justin Verlander, Jacob deGrom and Carlos Rodón represent the top tier of available starting pitchers, followed by a group that includes Kodai Senga, Chris Bassitt, Jameson Taillon, Taijuan Walker, Nathan Eovaldi, Andrew Heaney and José Quintana. 

deGrom, Rodón, Bassitt and Eovaldi all have Draft compensation tied to them after declining qualifying offers, but as a revenue-sharing recipient in 2022, the O’s would only need to forfeit their third-highest pick in the 2023 MLB Draft to sign one of them.

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-rumors-trades-and-signings?t=trades-and-transactions

21 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Weird how he kept coming back to the division.  It's a balanced schedule next year.  Being in the AL East doesn't mean that much.  It doesn't seem to be worse than being in the AL West.

They might not be playing them as much but they are still a very competitive group of teams. And they'll have the same schedule we do. We still have to win more games than the rest of em do. The division and quality of teams in the division still matters. Angels stink, Oakland stinks. Houston and Seattle seem to be poised to be contenders for awhile. Best chance in is to be better than the rest of your division. All 5 of us in the East might have winning, competitive records next year. Still means something.

33 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Weird how he kept coming back to the division.  It's a balanced schedule next year.  Being in the AL East doesn't mean that much.  It doesn't seem to be worse than being in the AL West.

It’s not balanced. We still play East teams 13 times and other AL teams 7 times. It’s not as bad, but still a tougher schedule than Central or West teams. 

• Upvote 1