Orioles vs Twins, Sarasota, Sat Feb 25

SteveA

27 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Elias just said Mazara has inside track to make team, bad news for McKenna or Vavra?

On Mayo: "whether he plays 3B, RF or 1B, we think he'll be a good defender".    First in-org acknowledgement I've heard around RF/1B possibility.

Cowser 1st defensive inning in Spring Training is in CF for Mullins.    Cameron-Cowser-Kjerstad the middle innings outfield second shift.

Perhaps Stowers is not a lock. 

Just now, Frobby said:

Melewski does a nice job both on PBP and color, by the way.  Not a beautiful radio voice, but he knows a lot about the players and he’s smooth at the job. 

This is my first time hearing him.    His area of SME is very fixed, so I know the miscellaneous comments on depth minor leaguers is more genuine than anything Jim Hunter may have given in the past.

I do wonder, structurally, do Melewski and Hollander also get WBAL paychecks gig-economy like?    Or does WBAL just lease them from MASN.

Jackson Holliday in for Joey Ortiz - upgrade or downgrade for SS defense?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Winter said:

watching the young guys is exciting then there is a sloth bringing down the mood 

(Ope i mean listening*) but im already mentally prepared to end up with a bench of guys like Maraza at the expense of someone like Stowers