Jackson Holliday 2023

Sports Guy

1 hour ago, baltfan said:

The Orioles are going to have to make some tough decisions on who to trade, but it is not going to be this guy. 

No it’s not. 

But yes, tough decisions need to be made and they need to be made very soon.

Westburg vs Ortiz is the biggie.

He’s going to be a high average, on base machine. The question is how much power he grows into.   He definitely takes some cuts like he wants to pull a home run.  If he starts doing that, he’s really going to be something. Nitpick.  I’m not a fan of his upright stance although he does bend his knees when he starts to load.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, ChosenOne21 said:

I can't imagine Jackson is going to be in Delmarva for very long at this rate

“At this rate?”  No.  Pretty sure if he keeps up a .500+ BA and 1.400+ OPS he won’t stay long.  😇

Based on the past couple of years, I’d say 4-5 weeks is the fastest they’d move him, 8-9 weeks is the longest.  I’d bet on the former unless he begins to struggle at some point.   

Every line drive hit came with either two strikes or behind in the count (0-1). The last hit was an absolute beautiful LD oppo single on 1-2 (RHP). Probably was thinking offspeed but kept back and laced into LF. Not a ton of 19 year olds can do that. 

19 minutes ago, baltfan said:

I have to say considering most no one was talking about Holliday for #1 overall, the Orioles sure seem to have hit on him.  Give them credit. It was not the safest pick, at least in the court of public opinion. 

?  My memory must be failing, because I recall Holliday being very much in the conversation for the #1 pick.  Favorite was Jones, as I recall, but I'm pretty sure Holliday was right there in consideration.

59 minutes ago, Number5 said:

?  My memory must be failing, because I recall Holliday being very much in the conversation for the #1 pick.  Favorite was Jones, as I recall, but I'm pretty sure Holliday was right there in consideration.

He was. Definitely rose up draft boards a ton during his Senior year and big draft time he and Druw Jones were seen pretty evenly.