2023 Ongoing Lineup Thread

Ripken

I was looking at the history and stats of our players against Chris Sale, and last night I was trying to think of what we would do for the lineup. Pondering the decision Brandon Hyde would have to make, I came down to the idea that they would have to decide between Gunnar or Frazier in the lineup, and whether they wanted a bump in defense or a bump in offensive potential. I also thought maybe they were going to consider McKenna in right field. I considered the possibility that Urias could sit, because Urias struck out 5 times against Chris Sale earlier in the season.

What I didn't think about is that they would include McCann in today's lineup with how it went yesterday. I guess they wanted to get Adley off his feet again though after catching in a Sunday day game, which he's usually not going to do.

I think they made a good decision playing Frazier. He provides a defensive boost in the infield and he's not too bad at hitting lefties.

Now they have O'hearn and Henderson as options to pinch hit.

In any case, I believe in Brandon Hyde and our team of coaches. Let's go Orioles!!

8 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

I'd rather have Gunnar at 3b and Urias at 2b vs lefties than Urias at 3b and Frazier at 2b

This is arguably a good lefty to give Gunnar a day off against.  It's a sensible thing to do.  I don't know why folks get so upset when one of the "favorites" isn't in the lineup for very logical reasons.  We all need to chill.....

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Sanity Check said:

This is arguably a good lefty to give Gunnar a day off against.  It's a sensible thing to do.  I don't know why folks get so upset when one of the "favorites" isn't in the lineup for very logical reasons.  We all need to chill.....

Oh, I didn't just mean today, but overall, I would rather Gunnar have more ABs against lefties than Frazier or Vavra

2 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

Oh, I didn't just mean today, but overall, I would rather Gunnar have more ABs against lefties than Frazier or Vavra

I would agree re: Gunnar getting a [ass today but more ABs overall. I still would rather Stowers get ABs over Vavra or Frazier in RF

10 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

Frazier in RF now?! Get Cowser or Stowers up here!

It seems the organization isn't high on Stowers, but I'd really like to see him at least get a chance. Best case Stowers plays well giving Elias another trade asset or the ability to trade another player on the roster.

Edited by OsFanSinceThe80s