2023 Ongoing Lineup Thread

Ripken

12 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

Cueto was recently added to the Miami bullpen after about a month at AAA, where he struggled greatly. I suspect it might be a bulk inning appearance for him after Okert opens. 

What I don't know is, why aren't they starting Luzardo here? I can't see any injury news about him anywhere. 

I’m glad that they aren’t pitching Luzardo today. We have a much better chance at the sweep going against whatever their plan is for today (I hope it includes Cueto who is probably toast at this poi then if we had to face Luzardo.

To be honest, I wish there was a way that they would consider trading Luzardo to us…lol

Not that this is a complaint, we pick apart the line up whether we stand a chance to win 100 games or if we are certain to lose 100...

But sometimes reading this thread one has to wonder how the hell this team has already won 56 games because it reads like we have lost 60.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

Interesting. Wonder if he’s still nursing an injury. I approve regardless.

If he is then we're down to a 3-man bench. And with no Cano or Bautista today, that doesn't add up to a winning formula.

Just now, Billy F-Face3 said:

Are we really facing a left handed pitcher today? That doesn't look like a lineup vs LHP.

Okert is starting.  He is a lefty but is clearly an opener.  He pitched in last night's game.

No one is saying who is pitching bulk innings for Miami.  But perhaps the Orioles' intelligence operatives  have figured it out.

Luxardo, a lefty who is probably their best starter, was originally scheduled.  I'm guessing he is not an option for some reason unknown to us.

They do have veteran RHP Johnny Cueto, who has seemed to be washed up the last few years.

2 minutes ago, 86this said:

This allows them to push Wells out even further if they want to. He can get a full extra week of not pitching to get rested up for the remainder of the season.  Grayson/Irvin/Kremer v the Dodgers and then Wells on Friday or even later next weekend.