2023 Ongoing Lineup Thread

Ripken

So glad to have Mullins back. Hope he 100%. I figured they would play him as DH for a bit to make sure he's a full go, but glad he's back in CF.

I am good w/ today's line up, except I'd have put Ortiz at 2B. I know there is the whole LH vs RH pitcher etc. and I am still not sure about Ortiz but figure as long as he's up here, play him everyday and see what he has. Seems like most here have really soured on Frazier. I am so so on him -- last night notwithstanding. I doubt you are going to see Ortiz unless there is a LH pitcher.

9 hours ago, webbrick2010 said:

yep he will have to trade some and promote the rest.

Ortiz, Westburg, Cowser, and Herstad are all better then the guys playing on the 26

Really, better than Adley and Gunnar?  Better than Hays who leads the AL in batting average?  I guess you would have said that about Grayson Rodriguez a few months ago too, eh?  And what does it matter when hitting is not this team's problem?  If the execs on other teams really believe those 4 are better than the O's starting 26 on then perhaps we should trade all of them for pitching.  Really, the Orioles need to go back to being a pitching first franchise like they when they were a dynasty from the 60s thru the 80s.    

No Ortiz today yet again.   It's ridiculous. If they aren't going to use him at all then send him back down so he gets constant playing time.   He should be playing often for Mateo, but since we seem to like only having 7 or so hitters in the lineup,  Ortiz never sees the field. It's baffling, but to be expected at this point I guess. 

Edited by forphase1
Opps

12 minutes ago, forphase1 said:

No Frazier today yet again.   It's ridiculous. If they aren't going to use him at all then send him back down so he gets constant playing time.   He should be playing often for Mateo, but since we seem to like only having 7 or so hitters in the lineup,  Frazier never sees the field. It's baffling, but to be expected at this point I guess. 

I assume you mean Ortiz, not Frazier?

On 6/24/2023 at 10:04 AM, terpoh said:

For all the talk about not having a lot of rookies all playing together- the Cincinnati reds have 4 rookies in their starting lineup most days. And ironically enough those guys have been the ones to help spark their recent run.

And when you look at it:

McClain is a solid comp for Westburg/Ortiz in terms of age and rank.

Elly is a solid comp for Gunnar in terms of age and rank.

Cowser is ranked far better than Steer.

We could easily start Gunnar, Cowser, Westburg/Ortiz and be just as well off (probably better) as we are now. They are not REALLY blocked when you look at the production of Frazier and Mateo and really Hicks should drop off a bit and settle in as a great 4th OF. It is increasingly frustrating watching this roster when we have 7-10 guys out of 26 that are easily replaceable.

If Mateo/Urias/Frazier were all lighting the world on fire I understand the sentiment not to replace them with unproven rookies. But, although its beating a dead horse of most everyone here, with our roster this is not the case. 

If Mateo goes 0/4 today his OPS will be .599

I am not one of the many hyper-obsessed posters who wants all of the young players/prospects brought up like yesterday, but I am hopeful and looking forward to the day when Frazier and Mateo are not batting back to back anymore in the lineup (even if I have to wait through most of July leading to the trade deadline).

It seems that you are making it way to easy on the pitcher to have such weak hitting players posting every day. And then when you combine that with Bemboom, that means that pretty much every 3 innings the opposition will be able to catch a breather. Lastly, I don’t understand why we are playing Santander in RF today and DH Hicks?