Colton Cowser 2023

DirtyBird

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

8 game hitting streak.

16-34 6 walks 6 strikeouts 

If Stowers can't push Vavra out of his starts in COF, then maybe Cowser can.  Ideally you'd want Cowser playing everyday vs RHP.  These are good problems to have.  The thing with breaking Westburg and Cowser into MLB roles, is that we'd only be asking them hit 9th, and play defensive positions they can handle.  It's a good place to be.  

Well it looks like he’s heating up. I know some people want Stowers at the big league level, but I believe when you toss in defense Cowser could help the Orioles more. 

Anybody have a guess at when we could get Cowser up to replace Varva in the lineup?

Just now, emmett16 said:

Cowser/Ortiz consistently batting ahead of Stowers/Westburg.   They getting priority?  Pretty crazy the new guys are stealing the show from the AAA vets.  

Pretty much everyone works hard.

Pure talent is pure talent.

Talent wins out more often than not.

12 minutes ago, orioles22 said:

I've always thought Cowser had a much better chance to help the Orioles than Stowers. I'd let him stay there until June. He should start in left and play just about every day if he does move up.

He’s not on the 40 man so gonna be tough to jump guys in front.  I also think he’s the long term LF.  

6 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Pretty much everyone works hard.

Pure talent is pure talent.

Talent wins out more often than not.

No doubt.  That’s what’s crazy - the talent > 1 year experience.  That excites me and didn’t see it coming.  Hard work only helps you reach your own ceiling.  Talent will always trump. 

Just pointing out that through lense of org. Ortiz &. Cowser have priority over Wburg & Stowers.  I was very high on both guys going into year and looks like they got leap frogged. 

Edited by emmett16

Unless we're milking it for Super Two, the time for the Zach Netos and Brett Batys is here.

Obviously he needs to maintain the hot run, but I think maybe he can smell it.

Cowser's arrival to a full-time role where Vavra/McKenna currently occupies a part-time one would shrink the fractions for the Hays-Santander-Urias-Frazier batch, but I do believe this year Cowser has it in him to become a stronger option than one of Frazier/Urias, who for now enjoy 2B + DH runway.

8 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

He’s not on the 40 man so gonna be tough to jump guys in front.  I also think he’s the long term LF.  

Super-polished NCAA bats ought to beat the 40-man requirement timeline though - I don't feel that is an obstacle whenever Elias is ready to roll out another blue chip.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Just Regular said:

Super-polished NCAA bats ought to beat the 40-man requirement timeline though - I don't feel that is an obstacle whenever Elias is ready to roll out another blue chip.

I agree he should, but will he.  I’m still a believer that they are milking theses guys to make their asset valuation rise vs. best option for win now.  Would like to be wrong. 

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

3-3 w a double a 2 homers and a lot of game left.

And he was due up with the bases loaded and one out when rain stopped the game.   The game’s official so he missed the chance to do even more damage.   According to the game thread, he also had a spectacular diving catch in the OF.

• Upvote 1