Josh Lester 2023

emmett16

1 hour ago, Jagwar said:

He hit the ball real hard last night. Seemed to show a good eye at the plate too. Wouldn't be surprised to see him called up for a stretch this season. 

If he wasn't 28, and was 22, I'd think that he was one of our best minor league hitters/prospects.     He looks like he has a good idea at the plate, nice swing, good bat speed.    He also seems like he can handle 3B with a good accurate arm.   Nice acquisition.    Out of all the LH hitters we acquired, I like him best although O'Hearn looks good too.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

If he wasn't 28, and was 22, I'd think that he was one of our best minor league hitters/prospects.     He looks like he has a good idea at the plate, nice swing, good bat speed.    He also seems like he can handle 3B with a good accurate arm.   Nice acquisition.    Out of all the LH hitters we acquired, I like him best although O'Hearn looks good too.

Better version of Tyler Nevin.  

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

He’s gonna be the New Neustrom.  Fan favorite, solid all around player.  Jokes aside, I love the bat.  Not a lot of moving parts and the ball flies off his barrel.  Even the outs were hit hard.  He will be fun to watch this year.  Looks advanced vs. the AAA players.  

• 4 weeks later...

Does he play a miserable third?  How can he have put up some pretty solid minor league numbers and no one toss him out there to see what he could do?

Three weeks in he has eight homers.  

He might of picked the wrong team to sign a minor league free agent deal with.  I cant see the Orioles figuring out a spot for him.  Would be great having him as a left handed pinch hitter late in games.  Probably could use him at DH and a little third.   Being left handed I dont see pinch hitting him late in games for Henderson.   

Maybe if he keeps hitting we can trade him for a bag of balls.   

In years past I would be somewhat excited for him.  Now I cant see us giving him playing time.