The 2023 attendance thread

Frobby

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

Yea I would guess not because I think you would already see them advertising for this. That had already started by now back in 2012 iirc.

I've been seeing promos during the recent games on MASN saying that if you buy a membership for 2024 by Sept. 1st then you will get priority access for the 2023 post-season. 

• Upvote 3

44 minutes ago, rm5678 said:

I've been seeing promos during the recent games on MASN saying that if you buy a membership for 2024 by Sept. 1st then you will get priority access for the 2023 post-season. 

* “The 2024 tickets you have purchased will not necessarily be in Baltimore.”

55 minutes ago, Frobby said:

* “The 2024 tickets you have purchased will not necessarily be in Baltimore.”

So if you buy tickets are you contractually obligated to travel to Nashville to see the Orioles next year? Also do you have to listen to one of John's wifes country artist she signed? That should be breach of contract right there but I am not a lawyer. 

9 hours ago, Frobby said:

I remember from 2012 that (1) season ticket holders who committed to renew their plans had priority for an extra allotment of playoff tickets, and (2) non-season ticket holders could jump ahead of the general public for playoff tickets by buying a plan for the following year.  So, I imagine the O’s would like to employ both techniques this year to get a head start on 2024 season ticket sales.   However, can you sell tickets when you don’t have a lease on a facility to play your games?   Maybe not.   

I'm currently waiting on this. I don't have season tickets this year, as I'm easily able to buy tickets for the games I want to go to (and I was away much of the summer), but if buying season tickets for next year on the flex plan will get me the right to buy tickets to the playoffs, I will become a new season ticket holder. 

8 hours ago, Going Underground said:

So if you buy tickets are you contractually obligated to travel to Nashville to see the Orioles next year? Also do you have to listen to one of John's wifes country artist she signed? That should be breach of contract right there but I am not a lawyer. 

Frobby was just joking.  If it said that it would be a headline topic with 100 pages on the hangout.  

31 minutes ago, accinfo said:

Frobby was just joking.  If it said that it would be a headline topic with 100 pages on the hangout.  

I was joking, but if they plan on selling season tickets for next year by giving priority for 2023 playoff tickets, they’re going to have no choice but to make some kind of disclaimer and give fans an out.

8 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I was joking, but if they plan on selling season tickets for next year by giving priority for 2023 playoff tickets, they’re going to have no choice but to make some kind of disclaimer and give fans an out.

It’s finally beginning to make sense. What city is likely to have a ML stadium ready to move into this offseason? Hmmm. Not Nashville. Hmmmm. Oakland here we come!! 

9 minutes ago, Frobby said:

My ticket rep told me last week to expect playoff tickets in Mid-Sept.  Maybe something will be resolved by then.  I really never thought of the lease status until you mentioned this.  I thought it was odd to wait until Mid-Sept but maybe that is why.  

3 minutes ago, accinfo said:

My ticket rep told me last week to expect playoff tickets in Mid-Sept.  Maybe something will be resolved by then.  I really never thought of the lease status until you mentioned this.  I thought it was odd to wait until Mid-Sept but maybe that is why.  

In 2014, I had my playoff packet in hand through the mail on August 22nd.  

Don’t understand the wait.  We are making the playoffs, there isnt any question about that.  

10 hours ago, Going Underground said:

One of John's wife's songs will replace Thank God I'm a Country Boy.