Tigers Time

Just Regular

4 hours ago, LA2 said:

Miss having Comerica Park Tiger killers Melvin Mora and Luke Scott around, but this whole road trip wd be a great time for Henderson and Santander to bust loose--there are, of course, recent signs of them being on the verge.

Ah, Melvin Mora... One of my most favorite underrated Orioles from the past. That's a name I haven't heard in ages. Good times watching him play for the Orioles. He had tremendous heart and tenacity.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

Can we just recycle this thread?  Looks like the matchups are:

Gibson vs. Wentz

Rodriguez vs. Rodriguez

Kremer vs. Boyd

Bradish vs. Turnbull

The first two are a reprise of last weekend’s matchups. We haven’t seen Boyd or Turnbull.

Looking at the stats and history of our hitters against Wentz, as well as who had good at bats game 3 vs the Red Sox, I think our lineup will come down to a decision on who to put in Left Field if Austin Hays is still not playing. It's either McKenna, Frazier, or Vavra in my opinion. Based on his double against the Red Sox combined with Wentz being a lefty, I'd guess it's going to be McKenna if Hays can't go. Frazier was 0-4 against Wentz the first time so I'd wait to use him as a pinch hitter against a RHP. 

If Hays is out, and Rutschman is getting a game off his feet, then here's a lineup that I think might work..

1. Mateo SS

2. Rutchman DH

3. Mountcastle 1B

4. Santander RF

5. Urias 2B

6. Henderson 3B

7. McCann C

8. Mullins CF

9. McKenna LF

13 hours ago, Frobby said:

Looks like the matchups are:

(45) Gibson vs. (59) Wentz

(35) Rodriguez vs. (34) Rodriguez

(52) Kremer vs. (54) Boyd

(65) Bradish vs. (76) Turnbull

Added ranks in K-BB among AL Starters with 10 innings, of which there are 79 so far.

BAL leader Tyler Wells up to 19th after the stellar performance yesterday.

Like TOR, the DET ballpark has closer fences in 2023.     Go get 'em, Ryan Mountcastle.

18 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Where’d you see that?  The next two are evening games. 

Ok. So I looked at the schedule before I had taken a sip of my morning coffee. I live in central time zone 85% or so of the time and the mountain time zone the rest of the time. I just flew from central to mountain time zone last night. When I “did the math” to adjust start time for time zone I went backwards and thought it was a 3:30 central time zone start (Detroit is central, right)? Long story short, I’m an idiot. 😂

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Ohfan67 said:

Ok. So I looked at the schedule before I had taken a sip of my morning coffee. I live in central time zone 85% or so of the time and the mountain time zone the rest of the time. I just flew from central to mountain time zone last night. When I “did the math” to adjust start time for time zone I went backwards and thought it was a 3:30 central time zone start (Detroit is central, right)? Long story short, I’m an idiot. 😂

Detroit is in the Eastern time zone, same as Baltimore.

13 hours ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Looking at the stats and history of our hitters against Wentz, as well as who had good at bats game 3 vs the Red Sox, I think our lineup will come down to a decision on who to put in Left Field if Austin Hays is still not playing. It's either McKenna, Frazier, or Vavra in my opinion. Based on his double against the Red Sox combined with Wentz being a lefty, I'd guess it's going to be McKenna if Hays can't go. Frazier was 0-4 against Wentz the first time so I'd wait to use him as a pinch hitter against a RHP. 

If Hays is out, and Rutschman is getting a game off his feet, then here's a lineup that I think might work..

1. Mateo SS

2. Rutchman DH

3. Mountcastle 1B

4. Santander RF

5. Urias 2B

6. Henderson 3B

7. McCann C

8. Mullins CF

9. McKenna LF

My main quibble is that Mullins' OPS in 2023 vs. LHP is much higher than vs. RHP (.977 / .762) and he has a history of inconsistent splits in this regard. So there's no need to bury him so far down in the lineup. With him, I think you just keep him at or near the top of the lineup while he's hot--and he's definitely hot: OPS has soared from .576 to .833 over the last 13 games (OBP from .250 to .386). Also, respect Urias's and Gunnar's hot bats.

Mullins

Mateo

AR

Santander

Henderson

Urias

Mountcastle

McCann

McKenna

Edited by LA2

My prediction for today because I think it's fun. The main thing I think is Henderson sits tonight because that boo-boo he got on his right hand looked worthy of some time off to me. Ortiz likely won't start. I think that because Vavra and Stowers were up last year for a game or two before they started. I just hope the give Ortiz some ABs and not let him sit for 3 games then send him back. I will be bummed.

1. Mullins CF

2. Rutchman DH

3. Mountcastle 1B

4. Santander RF

5. Urias 3B

6. Frazier LF

7. Mateo SS

8. McCann C

9. Ortiz 2B