Elias’ Pitching Acquisitions

emmett16

33 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

So far I think the Grayson pulls have been reasonable enough. He's been at 83 (in his debut), 93, 92, and 91 pitches in the four occasions he was pulled after 5. 

I wouldn't be surprised or really bothered if "no new innings after 90 pitches" is a rule for now. I want this guy pitching in October. 

Now hopefully Grayson can test the limit by getting through 5 in 70-80 pitches sometime soon. I bet we'll see plenty of 6 IP outings from him this year, less sure about 7+.

I don't have an issue with how they've used him either per se, though I personally would let his performance dictate his removal, not his pitch count under 100 pitches. 

We'll see. I'm sure the Orioles think they have the data to show how to keep guys healthy and bring them back, but they certainly are much more passive on that approach then many other teams, including teams like the Cardinals that have a long history of being more aggressive in providing work load. 

I want him pitching in October as well, and if this is how they think he can do it, then ok. It hasn't really been a huge issue since he's been up to 90 pitches has last three starts, but I'd like to see him closer 100-pitches before he needs to come out. If we can get him through 6 more times than not, it would help the pen.

27 minutes ago, interloper said:

I think I might honestly take Povich in my system over Hall at his point. Love Povich. 

I might too, but it would have more to do with my lack of confidence in Hall figuring out his control issues.