Monday July 17: Dodgers in town for 3

SteveA

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I don't know who the hell was calling those high fastballs for Baker, but that was piss poor.  

And if you're Baker, get one shoulder high.  Make sure if you're gonna try to get someone to chase that it's elevated out of the zone enough.

That whole thing was just dumbassery.  

Probably effin Adam Frazier 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

This is the problem I have with bringing up prospects to play every day.. we cannot afford to have the  adjustment period till he figures something out.  

You say that as if vets don't have old stretches.

How has Hicks been recently?  Mateo?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I don't know who the hell was calling those high fastballs for Baker, but that was piss poor.  

And if you're Baker, get one shoulder high.  Make sure if you're gonna try to get someone to chase that it's elevated out of the zone enough.

That whole thing was just dumbassery.  

He left a slider up to him. It was away enough for him to foul it off. May not have had the confidence he needed. 

Clearly the HR was up but he needed to be even higher and/or inside more where it’s harder to get to.  

3 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

This is the problem I have with bringing up prospects to play every day.. we cannot afford to have the  adjustment period till he figures something out.  

Why can we not afford it? Developing the young players is by far the best chance we have at winning a world series in the next decade. If not now, when are we going to bring them up?

4 minutes ago, O's84 said:

Too early to have a firm verdict.

Gunnar started this season ice cold and Adley took awhile before he started hitting. This is nothing new seeing Cowser struggle out of the gate. I understand balancing player development and competing for a pennant race.

It's too early to just send Cowser back down (or bench him) yet, but he needs to start showing signs of life this series versus the Dodgers.