Someone has to say it...

Three Run Homer

48 minutes ago, Winter said:

Lol better bench the 23 year old with 27ABs to get the proven bats of Mateo in or McKenna back up, or start Mountcastle versus righties every game. Sure he's not coming up tearing up the league but stop acting like 23 year old Cowser is taking AB's away from a .350+ OBP player and guys who never dropped a routine fly ball to lose a game. -- Saying bench/send down Cowser is basically the same as saying give Jesus Aguilar ABs over Stowers last year.  Now if Mullins is healthy? There would be a case to be made but Mullins looks like he's going to be dealing with this issue the rest of the year.

Mullins looks like he's going to be dealing with this issue the rest of the year.

Where did you see that?  Just curious.  If Mullins can't play there's really no one to pick him up.

From what I have seen so far I have to agree that Cowser does not look like a CF.   Which means for now Hicks is Mullins backup in CF.   Hicks is not a speed guy anymore.  So there is a drop off in the CF defense when Hick is out there.

McKenna and Cameron are CF with speed.   Am I calling for either to be brought up right now.  No.

26 minutes ago, wildcard said:

From what I have seen so far I have to agree that Cowser does not look like a CF.   Which means for now Hicks is Mullins backup in CF.   Hicks is not a speed guy anymore.  So there is a drop off in the CF defense when Hick is out there.

McKenna and Cameron are CF with speed.   Am I calling for either to be brought up right now.  No.

Let's go with the organizational depth chart for center field how I think it should be...

1. Mullins

2.Hicks

3.Hays

4. Cowser

5. Mateo

6. McKenna

7. Cameron

8. Haskin (before he got surgery)

9. Fabian

10. Williams

And then we go farther down the list which is a rabbit hole not worth going down.  Bradshaw Jr will shoot up the list after he actually starts playing games. 

I know it's early but he look overmatched at the plate and his fielding looks shaky. Since we have so much young talent in the minors do you think a package of Cowser, Stowers and say, Mateo would get us a quality pitcher at the deadline?

4 hours ago, Baltimorecuse said:

Mullins looks like he's going to be dealing with this issue the rest of the year.

Where did you see that?  Just curious.  If Mullins can't play there's really no one to pick him up.

I saw that Mullins expects to play again soon. Definitely this week

I’ll chalk a lot of these answers up to people being upset about the last two games. Monday’s game sucked. And just a whopping last night. Cowser is off to a poor start, but I expect the level of conversation to be higher on OH than other places. Just like the send Gunnar down crowd, some people need to calm themselves when it comes to Cowser. 

Edited by waroriole

8 hours ago, Three Run Homer said:

...Cowser looks terrible.  At the plate, in the field, even on the basepaths.   I see okay plate discipline and nothing else.  

You must not join the Game Threads. There’s a couple guys that “mention it” every single time his name is even brought up.