Orioles related trade rumors and speculation leading up to the deadline

Roll Tide

32 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

The Mets got a top 50 guy for Scherzer. They want more for Verlander because he is throwing the ball better.

They will pay down the deal to get the top flight prospects.

You guys are ok with Mayo or Kjerstad+ for Verlander?

Mayo perhaps.. not sure we have a spot for him anyway but not Heston. 

30 minutes ago, sevastras said:

There are at least 10 pages of this argument. The gist is some people think that the city isn’t safe/corrupt and or not rich enough. Others argue he has lived in Houston and Detroit so how bad can it be.

It would only be for a year+ so I don't think this is an issue.

10 minutes ago, UMDTerrapins said:

This made me laugh. But also something to keep in mind as we sift through the Christmas Day of baseball misinformation. 

Yea trade dealine day is hectic. People alway say winter meetings is hot stove central, but ther winter meetings are Trade Deadline Day's fart trail

5 minutes ago, Fan4Life said:

I would like to see Mayo moved to 1B or the OF before the O's give up on him. He is performing so well at a young age and has big power potential. There is no clear 1B prospect anyway. 

• Upvote 2

Please God. There’s nothing to be said about the city that is novel- nor that Tony didn’t already warn everyone about. Roll on back to page 90 and get your fill.

If it’s a factor in waiving the NTC we’re never going to know anyway.

5 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

One thing that we can absolutely be assured of by the time 6pm comes, half the board will be happy the other half will not. Then shortly after 6pm some of the not so happy posters will talk themselves into whatever the org chooses to do. Book it!

I said it before and I'll save you the suspense.  If we do nothing I'll be happy.  

Be nice to get something for nothing but I wouldn't count on it.  

10 minutes ago, Fan4Life said:

10 minutes ago, Fan4Life said:

Of course we have a spot for him and even if we didn’t, you don’t throw him away for this deal

• Upvote 1

Another thing not being mentioned re: Verlander is that the Mets haven't played the Orioles this year.  He hasn't had the opportunity to actually see the team in person and draw his own conclusions regarding how competitive they are.  Of course, he has access to lots of opinions, but it seems many players and teams are more impressed after they have seen the Orioles in person.