Tuesday, September 12: The return of John Means!

SteveA

6 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

I know its baseball, but this was a game we needed to win...and we faced one of the most hittable pitchers in the game...so frustrating.

No it isn't.   It isn't any more important than any of the other 130+ games we have played against teams not named Tampa.   And we've lost a bunch, and won a bunch more, of those games.

I want to win every game, but it's not going to happen.

I love the fact that we ARE winning at a higher rate than 28 other teams in MLB, and that includes the Rays.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

I think it is time to cut McCann's playing time some.  He is catching half the games now it seems.  Adley is only 25 he should be totally capable of catching more.  

Adley's hitting has declined a bit during the season and I think overuse is part of it.

McCann has sucked tonight but he has hit pretty darn well for a backup C the last few months and his defense has been solid too.

I think Hyde should keep doing exactly what he has been doing in terms of playing time for Adley and McCann.