Thursday September 21: Orioles vs Guardians, nationally televised on Fox

SteveA

1 minute ago, O's84 said:

Elias made a tactical blunder sending Irvin down.  Not reinforcing the pen at the deadline also hurt, and were seeing the effects now.

I was hoping to see Povich or McDermott up to test out bullpen roles prior to September. Preferred McDermott but the 40 man issue…

1 minute ago, O's84 said:

Elias made a tactical blunder sending Irvin down.  Not reinforcing the pen at the deadline also hurt, and were seeing the effects now.

Agreed. To put it bluntly, it was a dumb decision. He was an innings eater and was actually pitching pretty well. Made no sense to me. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, TimD said:

Yes, that was super lazy by Hicks....he has to sprint after that one and try to make a play there

He ran full speed once when he did or did not catch the ball and got up with some cramp injury.  I dont think he likes running hard because he might fall apart. 

I think after this season we thank Hicks, Frazier, Mateo and Urias and cut them or send them packing in a trade.  Next spring we should have rookies we want to play their innings.  

Finally we get the last out.  Perez and Frazier crapped the bed.......

Even when things were going good, this BP succeeded with unicorn wishes and magic beans. Now, we are all talking like one day off is gonna make them even respectable. 

I’m just going to try and enjoy the ride for as long as it goes but if you think we are winning a pressure packed series with this pen, I’ll have what you are having…

Just now, EddeeEddee said:

I think everybody saw this coming.  Hyde needs to let starters go deeper into games.  Especially with Baustista out this bullpen is not strong to carry 3-4 innings every game. 

Hyde needed Elias to make more of a positive impact with his moves to bolster the pitching staff.

Second lowest payroll in the league, top farm and the best you can do is Flaherty and Fuji?

• Upvote 2

Just now, gtman55 said:

Agreed. To put it bluntly, it was a dumb decision. He was an innings eater and was actually pitching pretty well. Made no sense to me. 

He wanted to keep Fuji and Lopez because they throw hard and they like the shape of their pitches and imagine they will be more important in close game. 

He was wrong for sure.